The Stereotypical Personal Trainer

Hello Lovelies and Gents,

It's been over two years since I left the corporate world behind for the Personal Training life. And I have to tell you that there has never been one regret. I do not miss the corporate world one bit. I miss being around so many people all of the time, but I do NOT miss being tied to a desk.

It is truly amazing how what an unhealthy atmosphere so many people are subjected to day after day. Extra work and overtime piled on and then you are bribed with pizza. Yep, that's a fair trade. Sit here for hours and hours and then we'll heap fatty calories that you don't have any time to burn off on you.

That's not to say there aren't downfalls to being a Personal Trainer. The biggest issue is clearly the stereotype. Every murder mystery show has the trainer having an affair with the victim or the victim's spouse. Now the relationship between trainer and client is intimate. You definitely become aware of your client's body in a way most other people don't. And if you are good at what you do, your client will start to develop more self confidence and be a little happier with themselves. Those could transfer to the trainer. Okay, I probably need to stop watching murder mysteries.

Or they portray the trainer as a hard-assed muscle Nazi. Um, no.  It's about being healthy, not zero body fat. And I truly don't understand the Dumb Personal Trainer...that was one of the hardest exams I have ever taken. Although in fairness, mine is a very well respected certification and not all of them are. In fact, there are trainers out there who aren't certified. That infuriates me. There is so much you need to know and consider to be effective.

One of my clients has a history or falling and breaking bones. I have spent more than a year working on bone density and balance with her. I asked her recently if her doctor does bone density tests and if there has been any improvement. She says there has been no decline. We're taking that for the win. But, the big thing was that she had recently fallen after stepping into a hole. She had previously broken ribs doing the same thing. This time she was able to steady herself and came away with all of her bones intact. I was beaming ear to ear. It has made me so happy. I most certainly never got that satisfaction sitting at a desk.

I love my job.

Now, I will have to add that were I to become Tony Stewart's Personal Trainer, I would have to reconsider my "no relationship with my clients" rule...oh yes, I would reconsider. haha.


Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts