Random Wednesday: mornings, heat, noodles, and yoga

Happy Random Wednesday Y'all!

I am leaving this Sunday for a week. I will be going on a Missions trip with some teens from Church. I am excited and I have been  preparing for it. I will post all about my preparations, expectations, and anxieties tomorrow (I am actually writing it today so that I don't forget).
 
*****

I have early morning clients and I am not a morning person. Basically I have some iced coffee in the car and blast my music to put me in a happy and peppy mood. I love my job so it's easy for me to be excited and supportive of my clients. They, however, are not morning people and sometimes my bubbly self so early in the morning is a little jarring. lol. I have assured them that I am not that peppy when I get up. I in no way leap out of bed when that alarm goes off. I generally slump over and hit snooze for a little while.

Yesterday I was particularly peppy and my client made a comment "I bet you were a Cheerleader in high school." Nothing could be further from the truth. It is one thing to be cheerful and supportive, of which I was in high school. It is another thing to wear skimpy outfits and jump around in front of large crowds. I was not about to subject myself to that. I still hate how inactive and unsure of myself that I was.

*****

Last week we had a potluck dinner for a large group from church. I said I would bring a tomato, mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinegar. It's easy, healthy, and yummy. A win win win!

When I arrived the kitchen counter was full of sides and appetizers. The entrees were on a table in the dining room. I hung out in there. It was a little cooler, a lot less crowded, but most importantly a lot less temptation.

I made sure to eat a turkey sandwich before I arrived so that I wouldn't arrive starving. I'm pretty proud of myself for the night. I did have a few pieces of cheese with crackers before it was time to really eat. When it was time to hit the dining room I filled my plate with vegetable salads. There were corn, avocado, and tomato salads. I was in heaven. And then I had a slider sized turkey sandwich.

There was coconut pie, but I had two servings of the adult blender drink so I passed. I also had two bottles of water.

It may have looked like I gravitated places where other people were, but I stationed myself strategically the whole night to avoid constant munching. Go me!

*****
Because of the extreme heat I have been spending more time in the gym than in the park. One day I realized that I had forgotten my patella straps and so I opted to get on the Elliptical instead of the treadmill. It's lower impact on the knees. A lot of people prefer it to the treadmill, but I have feet issues and it usually starts really hurting my feet after 30 minutes so it's not my preference. But, it's good to switch things up too.

So this week I had time between clients and yoga. I had an hour so I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 45 minutes. I was a sweaty stinky mess for yoga. Ewww. Yesterday was to be legs day, but there were some time issues with one of my clients and I was there for much longer than anticipated. I could still do legs, but anything more than an hour would push into my lunch time. So instead I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the bike. I knocked out 8 miles and my legs were mighty tight. So it's a good thing. 

*****

The other day I was walking around the mall and saw the kiosk selling leggings. There were pretty patterned ones and I almost stopped to check them out. The Former Fat Girl LOVED her leggings. She wore them all of the time. Not because they were fashionable, but because they were comfortable and stretchy. She wore them with big oversized sweaters and sweatshirts.

I'm sure that I would look great in them, but I am not ready to try them on and fall back into that comfortable mindset.

*****

This Thursday is a fundraiser for church at a new Noodles & Co that is opening. I have never been to one, but I will be going to test it out. I was checking out their menu and I think I have decided on the:

Whole Grain Tuscan FrescaWhole grain linguine with balsamic, olive oil, white wine and roasted garlic, red onion, tomato, spinach and parmesan or feta with Grilled chicken.

I'm excited.

I always like to look up menus before I try something new. It makes things a lot easier and I really get to look at the healthy options.
 
*****

Y'all know I drink gallons of water a day. It's hot out. My body swells like mad in the heat. Even drinking tons of water and flushing out the bad my hands and feet are still swollen 75% of the day. My feet seem to only go down after being elevated and my hands are only good first thing in the morning. DRINK YOUR WATER!

*****

I have been going to yoga twice a week. It has really helped with my sore muscles. It's also just a really good time to slow down, breathe, and clear my head.

Namaste.




Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts