My Filming Debut

Hello beautiful people,

Yesterday was a bit exciting. While I was away on the Mission Trip I received a request. I had been asked to be a part of the new Training Video for Girls on the Run Coaches. I was beyond excited. And then immediately came the nerves.

The camera adds 10 lbs. This is all I could think of.

I haven't gotten the cardio in that I have wanted since the Marathon. There have been injuries and work and trips. I have gotten in yoga and weights, but cardio burns the fat. It's gotten in my head. The stress eating of chocolate hasn't helped. I've been really good about eating my protein and vegetables.

Luckily I tried to focus on the questions they would be asking me. I've only been a coach for two seasons, but it was difficult to narrow down my answers. I could have talked for hours.

I had a 6am client that morning and cleared the rest of my day for it. I planned on a nap after my client so I didn't have any caffeine. Of course I was yawning through her whole session apologizing. I made it through and came home for a 2 hour nap. I really didn't sleep well while I was on my trip and my body is still a little pissed.

I wasn't given any guidelines for what to wear, but I assumed I should wear one of my Girls on the Run shirts. I have two coaches shirts in bold colors. One is green and one is blue. I also have a black shirt with Girls on the Run blinged out. I wrestled. Part of me wanted to wear the blue shirt. But, the Former Fat Girl was SCREAMING: "Wear the black! It's slimming!" Black won out. Including matching black yoga pants. I put my other shirts in my bag and brought them with me though just in case.

I was also a little excited because I would be debuting my new do. I had meant to get my hair touched up before I went on my Mission Trip. I ran out of time and I didn't get to do that. I wore pigtails during all of the work, but free time it was down and it was hot. So I went even shorter this week.



When I got there I noticed a few of the green shirts. lol. I mentioned that I had mine with me, but they loved the bling shirt so I was good. I looked around and realized that we were shooting outside and there were no chairs. I would be standing.

The first compliment was how beautiful my eyes are. Yep, I got some pretty baby blues.

The first thing they had to do was mic me up. The mic wire would go up under my shirt and bra and the mic itself would be taped between my girls. The coach shirts have a regular neck, but my shirt had a V-neck...and I do have girls so you might see where this is going. I was introduced to Jeff, my Boom guy, who would tape it down, unless I was too uncomfortable with that. He was cute. Have at it Jeff!  I had joked that I wouldn't need tape. The mic would be nestled in there and wasn't going anywhere. ha.

The Former Fat Girl would have been mortified and most definitely would have had a female tape it down. Oh who am I kidding? The Former Fat Girl never would have agreed to this at all. She ran from cameras.

Since I was standing I realized that I had no idea what to do with my hands. One of my favorite scenes from Talladega Nights: the Ballad of Ricky Bobby was when he is being interviewed and doesn't know what to do with his hands so he keeps bringing them up in front of his face. haha. That was me.

Before we started filming they commented on how beautiful the shot was and wanted to show me. Oh it looked nice. I had greenery blurred in the background and my blonde hair with my black shirt just popped. I got a little misty at how pretty I looked. It was a great confidence booster. I didn't feel fat at all.

The questions were good and you know I cried a couple of times. I talked about how I wish this program was available when I was a young girl. I really needed it for the activity and for the self confidence. I also cried talking about how I saw changes in the girls.

I had so much fun with the filming, but you know that as soon as I left I thought of things that I could have added. Doh.

I am beyond proud to be a part of Girls on the Run and this was such an honor and privilege to be asked to be a part of. This is the video that will be used nationwide. They said I will get a copy to see before they use it. I can't wait.  It was a good day.

I can't wait for the new season to begin!

Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts