Belated Random Wednesday: French fries on salads, Fat Jokes, and Tony Stewart

Happy Belated Random Wednesday (I know it's Thursday),

I had planned on a post yesterday, but I was beat. I snuck in a nap after my 3 morning clients and then I had an afternoon with some of the young ladies at church. We went to an Assisted Living Facility to paint nails.

*****

I forgot to mention something from my Mission Trip. When we were out to dinner in Helen, GA (which I totally want to go to again) I saw something on the menu. I almost died.

Look closely and read what is included in the Pittsburgh Salad: topped with waffle fried. WHAT????  French fries on a salad. Are you serious?  Why bother at that point?

*****

The other day I couldn't find my patella straps before I was heading out for the day. I just about lost my mind. I mean it really got under my skin. I checked the 3 bags that I had at the gym about 100 times. I called the gym. I went crazy. I had planned on a weights workout so it wouldn't be too bad, that day, but I was super preoccupied. My warm up was very light on the elliptical because it's less impact on the knee.

I found my straps under my flip flops thankfully. I can't let anything keep me from my progress.

*****

I was given a bag of veggies at church on Sunday. Corn. Tomatoes. Peaches. Onions. Zucchini. It is exciting.

I made a Jennie-O Turkey burger with a nice big ol slice of a tomato on it...with some quacamole. Oh heck yeah!

*****

The other day I saw a commercial for Last Comic Standing. In the 30 second blurb the comedian was talking about his overweight relative who says she doesn't exercise because of her bad knees. His response: I think your knees are doing a good job considering. *insert laughter*

I was hot under the collar for so long after this. First of all, why are fat jokes ever acceptable?  Second of all, making jokes about other people is so wrong. Third of all, if you ask me that's just public bullying.

By all means, let's make fun of someone who most likely has low self esteem and feels like they are in a hopeless situation.  But, if it gets a laugh well then good for you. I'm glad you feel it was worth damage you've done to your relative.

*****

I missed national ice cream day and national junk food day.

*****

Grrr...thanks a lot Nascar!  Now that the races are on NBC1 I can't watch them. WHAT???  I need a Tony Stewart fix!  I'm going to need to go out to watch the races every week.

Hey Tony Stewart, CALL ME!
 
*****

I'm a little behind on the playlists, but here is the list that was sent to me at the beginning of the month:

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Taylor Swift & Kendrick Lamar - Bad Blood - 85 BPM
Lost Frequencies - Are You with Me (Radio Edit) - 121 BPM
Sheppard - Geronimo (Benny Benassi Remix) - 127 BPM
Adam Lambert - Ghost Town - 120 BPM
The Barden Bellas - World Championship Finale 2 - 130 BPM
Fitz & The Tantrums - The Walker (Cobra Starship Remix) - 130 BPM
Icona Pop - Emergency - 126 BPM
Walk the Moon - Work This Body - 135 BPM
Ciara - I Bet (R3HAB Remix) - 129 BPM
Ella Henderson - Ghost (Oliver Nelson Remix) - 112 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts