I was tired and I didn't get my distance training in today, but it was still a good day!

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I am very tired. I need to keep this short because I seriously need sleep. I had to postpone my mid-distance run today because I could barely keep my eyes open this morning. Rest is so very important!

Friday night I had a youth event at church. It was from 7-10 and I said I would leave at 9 since I had to be up at 5am. Yeah, I didn't leave until 9:50. I had a very hard time waking up. I needed to be in South Charlotte by 6:30 am for the other Girls on the Run 5K. I can't wait to tell you all about it. I volunteered at the water stop. So much fun.

After the 5K I went straight to a client's and we did a practice 5K. We did intervals and somehow ended up on hills every time it was time to run. I was super tired and hungry when it was over, but I wanted to stop to return some items on my way home.

I called Ms. Crystal and we met at one of our favorite places. I was craving a burger. What I didn't know is that there was a heavy metal festival at the race track all weekend so traffic was a bit difficult. By the time I got home it was almost 4pm. Too late for a nap. So I pushed to stay awake a little longer. That backfired. I was up until 11.

Yesterday I had Church in the morning, a client, and then I met Ms. Tracey for lunch. I got home around 3 and was fighting my eyelids. The race was in Talladega this weekend. I REALLY wanted to watch. I had missed so many races due to weather and clients. I really needed a Tony Stewart fix. Hey Tony Stewart, CALL ME!  I tried really hard to stay awake. I couldn't do it though. But, I also had clients afterwards so I couldn't really sleep. I set my alarm and got a 15 minute nap. It woke me enough to go out for my clients.

Today I was going to come home after my clients, get my stuff, and then head to the park for a good training day. But, I was TIRED. I knew that if I came home I would sit and then never get back up. I was so deep in thought about this that I drove past my client's exit. Twice I said they had 10 minutes left not 10 seconds. I needed to change my plans to Wednesday.

But, I still needed to get in something:

Okay, so I will go home and change then go to the park for a smaller distance.

No, I will still sit down and never get up.

But, you are wearing yoga pants and a non-breathing shirt. If you go somewhere now you will overheat.

Wait, you can go to the park with hills and lots of trees. The shade should help.

You need water. Just go home.

Stop at the grocery store. DUH.

Don't push yourself. You are physically exhausted. You will only get frustrated.

You NEED this!

And so I did. I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a bottle of water. Then I headed to the park. I am proud that I kept up a decent pace. I didn't run because I wasn't wearing pants that would stay up if I ran, but I walked fast and I handled the hills. My knees hurt now, but I was fine during.

I finished a marathon. I became a Personal Trainer. But, it's days like today that I am most proud of. Days when I don't let the excuses win. Days like today when I powered through 5 miles of hills on impulse. The Former Fat Girl would NEVER have done that. NEVER EVER!

It wasn't the distance I wanted today, but in the end it was a big giant Win!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need sleep!

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts