Just say "NO!" Jennifer! (Running on Empty)

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Before I get started, here is my shameless plug. I am hosting an online Jamberry Nails Fundraiser for my Run for Autism. If you are interested please check out the page:

http://lauriemclean.jamberrynails.net/party/?uid=8d6caa4d-1bd0-41d9-b4c9-fe3c9bdd8de8

Okay, so it's been a long day. It's been hard for me to get started writing tonight. After church I had 4 clients and I was just beat when I got home. I am not home often so I wanted to do some laundry, dishes and cleaning. I got some done, but the recliner eventually won out. 

I have been running on empty a LOT lately.  I really really need to learn to say "No". I volunteer myself for everything. I was asked if I could babysit my favorite twins last night. I was tired, but they are hard to say "no" to. Then I was asked if I could babysit some kids tomorrow. I did actually say no to that. I NEED a distance day. I'll never make it in Cleveland if I don't. Three weeks to go!

When I left you yesterday I was getting ready to leave for the BBQ at church. First of all, the BBQ chicken was finger licking good. It melted off of the bones. It was sooooo good. But, it was more than just a BBQ last night. There was an Auction also. I was the lucky winner of a Starbucks travel mug. haha. Surprise! But, there were a lot of cakes and food items up for auction. One such cake was an AMAZING chocolate cheesecake. I was salivating. Well lucky me, the winner happened to be a member of my Sunday School class. So guess what I had at 10am? OH Heck yeah it was sooooo delicious. All day I was very aware of though. It kept me from making poor choices...good thing it is carb loading day. I was happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it was awesome. Sad because the scale was extremely friendly this morning. I have been pretty good lately...well for the most part.

Let me tell you about yesterday though. On my way home from the Girls on the Run 5K I was cold and wet....and HUNGRY. I couldn't think and figured I would just hit a drive thru on my way home. Of course I realized that it was before 11am. I ended up going to Chick fil-a for a grilled chicken. My bag spilled on my floor in the 5 minutes it took for me to get home. My car smells like fast food. It's KILLING ME.

Alright, let's get back to the issue at hand. I have been so exhausted it's crazy. I am so very rarely home. Basically, if someone asked me to do something the answer was YES. In short, I get very restless and lonely when I have downtime. Right now I am begging for some downtime, so I really overdid it. That's how I am though. If someone needs help, I will say yes. I don't regret it at all. I got involved in some really amazing things and I have gotten to meet new people. That's been key for me. One of the driving forces behind moving back to Charlotte was my friends that are here, but the biggest blessing has been all of the new friendships that I have made. To be honest, 80% of my time is spent with new friendships. I am so thankful for all of these wonderful people in my life. Of course I will jump in to help with anything that is asked. I just need to figure out how to add hours to the day.

And so my Marathon Training has suffered. I haven't gotten the training I have needed. I haven't had the time I had previously and my knee has been sore. The thing is, it's fine during my runs. It's the days after that I have the problems and they keep me from getting right back out there. Grrr...In a way, the busy schedule has helped. If I was hurting and sitting around then it would not have been pretty.

Alrighty kids, I need sleep. I will see you tomorrow.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts