Random Wednesday: Homeless, Shamrock Shakes, Stress, and Tony Stewart



Happy Random Wednesday,

Last week was a bit long and stressful. It was full of ups and downs.

The past 4 Mondays evenings I have spent at church. During the winter months we offer Room in the Inn and provide food and shelter for the homeless. My first week I just went for the Service. Then each week since I have gotten more involved. This past Monday I was the church member who slept over.

Each week it got harder and harder to sleep at night.

I was really worried about being able to sleep this past Monday. I avoided caffeine all day just in case. Luckily I was able to sleep most of the night. We were to wake everyone at 5am. I was so worried about oversleeping that I woke up at 4am. I was a little dysfunctional the rest of the day.
We offered that the guests could take all of the extra food. You know I was pushing the bananas and apples. After everyone left I discovered that there were Little Debbie Crème filled oatmeal cookies. They were the Former Fat Girl’s FAVORITE! I was emotionally exhausted. I ate one. And then I grabbed a second before I left. It was a stress eating moment.

I held it together the whole night, but when I got him my car to leave I just cried and cried and cried.

*****

Wednesday I had a babysitting job. It was a 10 hour day with 3 kids. The kids are cute, but the oldest, age 4, has been getting sassier each time I have been there. It was a very long day of Sass and poopy diapers.

I went to church immediately after for dinner and service. The dinner was soup. I had the beef vegetable. It was mostly broth so I went back and tried the buffalo chicken soup. And then I saw it. The ice cream. I ran for a bowl: two scoops of vanilla with caramel sauce over it. Some people have a drink after a tough day. I have ice cream.

*****

I have been really down about my knee. It’s really holding me back in my training. I haven’t been able to get the speed that I want and my mileage is lower than I had hoped. It’s very depressing. I want to be so much further along.

Saturday was to be a 10 mile distance day. I was struggling getting started. It was a crappy rainy day. But, I hit the treadmill. I had originally thought it was an 8 mile day. That’s what was in my head. I just about cried when I saw 10. I just didn’t think I had it in me. But once I got started I was feeling good. And then I hit mile 6. My feet started to go numb. I made it through 8 and then bargained with myself that I would do 2 bonus miles the next day. I needed to get off of my feet before I did damage.
I rewarded myself with a Shamrock shake.

*****

Things got progressively worse in the week as we got news of the passing of very loved high school classmate. It was extremely shocking and very unnerving. I wasn’t close with her, but it was still hard. I liked her and wish I had gotten to know her better. It was really hard to see so many people hurting from so far away. Much chocolate was consumed.

*****

The good news of the week is that I started with some new clients last week. Hooray!

*****

I got nabbed by some Girl Scouts outside of Walmart. I can’t say no. I saw a box I had never seen. It was for Oatmeal raisin with little pieces of greek yogurt berries. I got them. One of the reasons is because the portions are so small. It was one sleeve of cookies. Turns out I don’t love them. I like them okay, but not worth the money. I should have gotten Tag-Alongs!

*****

 We're a month into the Nascar season and Tony Stewart is not doing so well so far. Clearly he needs me! Hey Tony, CALL ME!

Oh so Sunday night as I was getting ready for bed I realized that I had not showered all day. I showered late on Saturday and was going to shower when I got home from lunch. I sort of forgot as I only had a couple hours between getting home and having to go out.

Well the next morning I had two clients and then went to the park. It was almost 48 hours since my last shower. I was terrified that it would be the day I would run into Tony Stewart. That would be my luck. It didn't happen though. I don't ask for much, but I would like to not have a funky smell happening when I meet him.

Have a Blessed Evening



****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest



Comments

Popular Posts