Summer colds SUCK

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Procrastination lives on. I NEED to study. So naturally here I am writing. Here's a quick recap of my week. I was sick. I got nothing done. 

So I got a summer cold and it lasted all week. It was mainly a cough that got worse when I talked a lot. I'm a preschool teacher and a personal trainer. All I do is talk. There would be no working out. Anything that included a deeper breath sent me into a coughing tizzy. I even canceled my Stretching classes because it would be too much. 

My week consisted of soup, water, and ice cream. I wanted to scream. I usually have homemade soup in the freezer, but I finished it last week. I turned into a little kid and got some Campbell's Vegetarian Vegetable Soup. I used to love this soup as a kid. It brought me the good feels, but I definitely make a better soup. I'm not going to lie, the best part of the week was the ice cream on my sore throat. 

In the past, I could handle NyQuil nights. Sure I would have crazy dreams, but I could recover in the morning. Over the past year that has changed. I could never relate when people said they didn't like NyQuil, now I get it. I feel high for half a day later. I felt off for two days this week. That's not great when you have a room of 3-year-olds and it's been raining all week.  We all survived though. 

I would have liked to go to the gym if only for a massage. All of the coughing makes my back and shoulders ache. The last time I went to the gym the hydro-massage beds were down and I was forced to get a chair massage. I used to love them. They are not one size fits all though. I need to choose between the legs or the upper body. When the massager is on the legs it holds you in the seat. So when the massager was on what would be a normal-sized person's neck was using my head as a tennis ball between two racquets. It was just knocking it back and forth. It was not fun. 

I finally felt better on Friday. Hooray!  I'm trying not to overdo it this weekend. I still have a cough every now and then. Plus, I NEED to study. I also need to get things done. I did not do one thing this week except laundry. This morning I went to a class about Succulents with Ms. Amy. I love succulents. I kill succulents. I don't mean to, but I do. So I was super excited when we heard about this class. If you have a Pike Nursery by you, look up the schedule of classes. They are free. Anyway, I learned things and I got a new plant and pot. If he is still alive in 3 months I will get him a companion. Originally I named him Pierre, but the more I look at him the more he reminds me of Kevin Kline. French Kiss is one of my favorite movies. Kevin Kline's character was "Luc". Say it with a French accent. So meet my new study buddy, Luc. 


My day was spent cleaning, repotting plants, food prepping, and giving myself a mani/pedi. So tomorrow I can sit down and study after church. I have to. I am way behind schedule. As I mentioned in a previous post, the first section was a huge struggle. It was very dry and disappointing. 

The course started with a wonderful video. We met a woman who talked about what it's like to be obese. She was very personal with her stories. I related to some of them. She talked about how when you gain a little at a time you don't see it right away and then all of a sudden you have a closet full of clothes that you can't wear. It can feel hopeless and give up on yourself. Eventually, she met with a doctor who said she was going to die and the only option was gastric bypass. She told some extremely embarrassing stories and we both cried. I even gasped out loud several times. Not everyone who is taking this course has this background and she did a great job of humanizing this problem. I had high hopes after this. 

The first section was about the causes and consequences of obesity. I am still wondering if I missed something because I never saw causes in this section. It was statistics on top of statistics on top of statistics. The big thing that I learned was that obesity can shorten your lifespan. I sort of knew that already though. It didn't exactly give reasons.  My next section is about Weight Bias and Communication. 

Okay, I need to get some sleep. I have a lot to do tomorrow, including more food prep. I forgot to mention that I ate too much pizza this week. Not large portions, just too much. We had a birthday party in preschool and I got to bring some home. It helped because I had not food prepped for the week. I don't make the best choices when I don't plan ahead. Convenience tends to take precedence. And this is how you can end up with a closet full of clothes that don't fit you. 

Have a Blessed Evening,

I appreciate you.


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts