Random: Procrastinating, Birthday Trip, and Father's Day

 Hello Beautiful People,

There's so much to talk about so this will be another Random post. 

First I want to wish everyone a Happy Father's Day. I'm starting this on Father's Day, but it'll probably be the Fourth of July by the time I finish it. LOL. 

Not only is it Father's Day, but it's also the 5th anniversary of my becoming a vegetarian. If you are new to the blog, I'll give you a small recap. Five years ago I was a chaperone on a Youth trip to Washington D.C. On our first full day, we spent the morning in the D.C. Central Kitchen. They asked the adults to cut racks and racks of raw uncooked chickens. We spent 3 hours doing it. I had never done that and so I struggled at first cutting through the joints. I was also a little shorter than the other 3 adults (including my Pastor. This story has made it into several of his sermons). After we cut the chicken we put the meat in these giant containers with ice. I'll spare you the rest of the details. Anyway, I decided at that moment that I would never eat meat again. I was so physically sick from this that I couldn't imagine it. When we went back 2 days later we found out that they very rarely get chicken. It's kind of crazy how that worked out. 

Am I ever tempted to eat meat? I'm not going to lie. The smell of burgers is tempting, but I can have a fake burger so I'm okay. I am NEVER tempted to each chicken. I'm not kidding. The only real temptation I have is wanting a Philly Cheesesteak, Pork roll, and kielbasa. Those are 3 things that I grew up on and have happy memories associated with them. I'm holding strong though so I wouldn't put money on it. In fact, I made a new recipe this weekend and it was delicious. Stick around to the end of the post for the recipe. 

*****


Shout out to Aunt Kathy for my awesome wine glass. The One Where I Turn FIFTY. 

I did not want a birthday party for the Big 5-0. Instead, I'm getting a trip. Ideally, I would be going to Sweden, but that's not in the cards just yet. Then it looked like I was going to Napa. That also is postponed. My actual trip has been booked and I'm super excited. I'm going to OHIO! LOL

We're going to Cedar Point! This girl is riding the Roller Coasters. Woo Woo! We'll be there for 3 full days in early August. So it should be nice and hot. Luckily we are staying next to the park and it's beachfront. So we can ride the coasters in the morning, go hang by the water in the afternoon, and go back for more coasters in the evening. I CANNOT WAIT! All are welcome to join. Just know that I scream A LOT (all on purpose). It's such a good stress reliever. I basically am watching POV videos and I can't decide which I'm most excited to ride. 

To make it even more special, I am not getting my Carowinds pass just yet. Well, that's really to keep me from procrastinating even more. I'm doing a great job procrastinating without going to Carowinds. I haven't studied at all this week. 

Pro-crast - - Pro-crast - That's a good word isn't it? Procrastinating. Procrastinating. I wonder what the etymology of that word is. Obviously, "pro", is very good, but "crast"? Crast...I have no idea. Hey, why don't we look it up? Have you got a dictionary?

I'm a champion Procrastinator. 

*****



Speaking of Procrastinating, I didn't study this past weekend. On Saturday we had a girls' trip to the winery. A couple friends were sick on my Birthday Winery Trip day, so this was a follow-up trip. Sadly, Ms. Stephanie was sick again. 

It was a relaxing day and my brain felt a reset. My Anxiety dreams have gone away, but I'm still stressed. It is a beautiful setting and a calming atmosphere. I wish I had a book to study from. I would literally go there to study every week. 

Before we got there we went to the Amish store. I picked up some dark chocolate-covered cherries. And the slushie of the day was a cherry smash wine slushie. They paired perfectly. 



*****



Father's Day is still a little difficult. I try to stay off of social media and do something to distract me. This was the 5th Father's Day since my dad passed. The first one was the most difficult, but it is still a hard day to get through. 

Luckily some friends were in town from Iowa. Their daughter was running in an Invitational Track Meet at UNC Charlotte. I was happy to go watch her run. She's one of my favorites and it's been amazing to see her progress. She's a distance runner and she's now a foot taller than me. 

Whenever I go to a race of any kind my mind immediately goes "Can I do another marathon?" After that first one in 2014, I immediately thought that I wanted to do 3. I did the second one 6 months later. I paid the price with my injuries. There is no way that I could do it. I know it. My knee and hip are done with that. I don't have the time to train. I'm a back of the packer. I would literally need to spend every free moment training. I just can't do it. It's nice to dream though. 

It was a super hot day and I drank a ton of water. I was only outside for a few hours, but I also walked a lot. When I got home I immediately showered and then I was done. I gave myself a mani/pedi and I made a new recipe. I was super tired. 

*****


I was so excited when I saw the newest Forks Over Knives magazine. The recipe on the cover looks INCREDIBLE!  I couldn't wait to try it. 

I went and got most of the ingredients and a few days later I attempted it. 

I didn't have that much whole wheat pasta left, but I had enough for a couple servings. 

Whole Wheat Pasta

Grilled corn

Basil

Blackberries

Avocado

Lime

I added feta and skipped the spinach and radishes. It didn't look the same, but it was delicious. It's a wonderful summer side salad. 




Okay, I'm beat. It's time for bed. Now that I'm not having anxiety dreams every night I am happy to go to bed. 

I appreciate you 

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts