Ted Lasso Season 1: Episode 3 - "Trent Crimm: The Independent"

 Hello my Lovelies and Gents,


I'm sorry that it's been a little while since my last post, but I have been exhausted. I'm happy to report that the CROP Hunger Walk was a success. We have our first meeting since the walk this week. We had a very ambitious goal of raising $200,000. My realistic goal was $150,000 and it looks like we will have met that. Hooray! That is $150,000 that will help people in need. It makes all of my insanity worth it. I have really needed this month off from thinking about it though. 

If you have been following along, my beloved Philadelphia Phillies went on a mad run and made it to the World Series. There were lots of late nights and lots of crying, missing my dad. It was an incredible post-season run and it brought me lots of joy. It also spiked my heart rate a ton. lol. 

There is so much to talk about, but I am long overdue on my Ted Lasso posts. So sit back, and let me bring you my lesson from Ted Lasso Season 1: Episode 3 - "Trent Crimm: The Independent". Remember, this episode introduces us to my favorite character in the series. 

I hope that I have mentioned how in love I am with the music in this series.  Whoever chose the music GETS me. If you have Apple Music check out the Playlists for Season 1 and Season 2. The episode starts with Rebecca being excited to start the day. She is hoping that some salacious photos of Ted and Keeley will be published. Spoiler alert: It's not there.  

The first song we hear is Connection by Elastica. I LOVE this song. It's been added to my Running playlist. 

After the intro we find Coach Lasso at the board reviewing plays from the last game. He is looking for new ideas. Nate has one. Coach Lasso and Beard like it and Nate the Great has been named. They strut to the locker room with one of my favorite songs from the whole series. Sunday Best by Surfaces is my new morning song. Alexa play Sunday Best by Surfaces. And that's how I start my day. It's hard to pick my favorite line so here are all of the lyrics:

Good, feeling good
Ay, feeling good, like I shouldWent and took a walk around the neighbourhoodFeeling blessed, never stressedGot that sunshine on my Sunday best (yeah)
Ay, everyday can be a better day despite the challengeAll you gotta do is leave it better than you found itIt's gonna get difficult to stand but hold your balanceI just say whatever 'cause there is no way around it
E-e-everyone falls down sometimesBut you just gotta know it'll all be fineIt's okay, uh-huh, uh, uhIt's okay, it's okay
Ay, feeling good, like I shouldWent and took a walk around the neighbourhoodFeeling blessed, never stressedGot that sunshine on my Sunday best
Ay, somedays you wake upAnd nothing works, you feel surroundedGotta give your feet some gravity to get you groundedKeep good things inside your earsJust like the waves and sound didAnd just say whatever 'cause there is no way around it
E-e-everyone falls down sometimesBut you just gotta know it'll all be fineIt's okay, uh-huh, uh, uhIt's okay, it's okay
Ay, feeling good, like I shouldWent and took a walk around the neighbourhoodFeeling blessed, (Ay) never stressedGot that sunshine on my Sunday best
Ay, feeling good, like I shouldWent and took a walk around the neighbourhoodFeeling blessed, never stressedGot that sunshine on my Sunday best

This song just puts you in a good mood. It lifts your head, makes you stand tall, and you can't help but smile and swagger around. 

Keeley pulls Ted aside and lets him know about the story. They go to Rebecca and she offers to try to get the photo cut. One of the reasons why I love this show and it is so popular is because of the strong female characters. Ted responds with "This woman right hers is strong, confident, and powerful." This is a breath of fresh air. 

Rebecca is able to squash the photo since she was the one behind it, but Ted will need to agree to have Trent Crimm, of the Independent, follow him around and write an article on him. 

At one point Trent asks about the "party" after the last loss. Ted admits that he doesn't concern himself with wins and losses. What? that's unheard of. What kind of coach doesn't worry about wins and losses? Isn't that in the job description? Later in the episode Coach, Lasso and Trent are out to dinner. Ted tells him that he loves coaching. "To me, success is not about the wins and losses. It's about helping these fellas being the best versions of themselves on and off the field."  And that is today's lesson. 

Whether you are just beginning your fitness journey or you have been on the journey for years, you're going to hit roadblocks. It could come in the form of an injury, a full schedule, little success, little support, or many other reasons. It's pretty much guaranteed. Don't worry about the wins and losses. Are you being your best self? That's all that matters and that's what is going to get you back on track.  

I know I keep going back to the plantar fasciitis, but that was my HUGE roadblock. It stopped my momentum. I peaked. It was so painful to stand for two years. I still exercised, but my cardio was just a fraction of what it was leading up to it. Although in all fairness, I was training for marathons for a year and a half. Anything after that was going to be a fraction. But, the weight started to come back. I was still working with clients though. I was helping them be their best. And that was me being my best. It kept me motivated. I'm still frustrated with my belly, but I haven't given up. I got back into a regular schedule and I am strong, confident, and powerful. Don't give up. Just be the Best version of yourself. 

Okay, I haven't forgotten. Who is my favorite character? In this episode, we are introduced to Roy Kent's niece Phoebe. She is adorable. She has pigtails and a missing front tooth. Gruff Uncle Roy just adores her. We get to see her much more in future episodes. But, we already see her keeping Uncle Roy in check with his swearing. She's so cute. 



There was so much more to this episode, but I'm not here to spoil it. I'm here to encourage you to watch it and love it for yourself. 

Well, what are you waiting for? Close this page and go to Apple TV. :-)


I appreciate you. 

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts