CHOCOLATE oh how I love thee

Hello Beautiful People,

Well Easter has come and gone and I have not fallen off the deep end into a giant vat of chocolate.

I know, I'm as shocked as you are. 

Well, there is a very good reason for this. I'm truly terrified. 

Some of you may have seen the poll that I posted on the blog Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir/) the day after Easter: How much chocolate do you think I have consumed since yesterday? Just the chocolate tart from Amelies or I haven't come up for air.   Even my mom voted for the second. At the time the answer was just the tart.   I'm telling you, I was terrified.  To put it in perspective, I used a gif of Lucille Ball on the chocolate factory line for the second option.  In case you need a refresher, click on the video: I Love Lucy

My countdown to Easter was real. It's strange how weeks out I can be okay, but within hours of knowing that I can eat chocolate again, it was like my skin was crawling.  This is addiction my friends.

All of my chocolate was in one location and on the last night I opted for some fresh fruit and frozen cool whip (please tell me that you watch Family guy and pronounced the "h" te he). On any given day that would most likely be my first choice anyway, but it was torture with just hours to go.


Easter morning came and I was up before dawn to get ready for Sunrise service, and I had a 30 minute drive. I showered the night before so that I could just put on clothes and go. I love sunrise services, and if I couldn't be with my family on Easter, then I could be up for sunrise. But, holy heck it was COLD. I brought a blanket and instead of putting it on top of me, I was sitting on it because the chair was like a block of ice.

After the service, I drove home for a quick breakfast (avocado toast and eggs) before I got a shower and got ready to head back for another service at 11. I did NOT have any chocolate. I had plans to go to Amelie's after church and I wasn't wasting my first chocolate on a candy bar.

I beat Mr. Mike there and placed my order. I saw this beautiful chocolate raspberry tart and ordered it. A few minutes later I saw the chocolate mousse with the chocolate covered strawberry, but I resisted. I did get a honey macaron. It is AMAZING. I also ordered a vegetarian slice of quiche for dinner and a fun Raspberry Lavender White Chocolate Mocha. That was more sugar than was necessary.  NO REGRETS!

 Mr. Mike got there just as I finished placing my order. O...M...G...it took him FOREVER to get to the table. I ate the quiche while I waited, but I was desperately trying to be good and wait for the desserts.

The chocolate tart did not disappoint, but Oh how rich it was. That was a lot. My head felt like it was going to explode when we left.

I didn't feel so well that night, but I think in all fairness I had practically eaten a vegan menu for the two days before and then I barely touched a vegetable all day and definitely not enough water.

I have not been an angel with chocolate since Monday, but I also have been pretty reserved all things considered. There is still quite a lot of chocolate in my Easter Basket.  I have yet to touch either of my white chocolate bunnies. I'm 100% certain that I will not be able to start without stopping.

Stay tuned for that adventure....

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts