Jennie and Ms. Amy's Vegan Restaurant Adventure

Hello Beautiful People,

I have a bunch of new recipes to tell you about, but I've been hit with seasonal allergies and I feel icky. So for now I'm going to tell you about my Big Adventure with Ms. Amy.

This past Saturday we had plans to go to lunch. I got beyond excited when Ms. Amy suggested that we go to Bean, a local Vegan restaurant that I've been dying to try.  YAY!  I get anxious about eating out these days. I very rarely find something that I'm excited about. It's easy to find vegetarian options, but it doesn't mean that they will be good and/or healthy. I much prefer eating at home. I am really enjoying my cooking time. It's my for real ME time during the week. I haven't been able to calm my mind enough to read every day so this is my calming time.

However, there are some places that I do like to go to to eat and there are some places that I can't wait to try. Bean was one of those places. I pass it a lot on Sundays and I always remember too late that I wanted to stop and eat there. When I first heard about it and heard that it was a Vegan restaurant I'm not going to lie, I wasn't super excited. I mean, what about CHEESE????  And then I looked at the website and it was NOT what I expected at all. It's Southern Comfort Food. There are burgers, meatloaf, BBQ, waffles, etc.

Once we decided on Bean for lunch the texting was furious. We were looking at the menu and trying to figure out what we wanted. Ms. Amy was checking out reviews.

Me: Oh I've been dying to try Bean!!!

Ms. Amy: Cool. I wasn't sure if you had been there yet. Let's do it!

Me: I'm SO in! Mike and I have talked about it, but it never happened. 

Ms. Amy: (Happy Face) I'm going to read reviews and the menu now. Haha

Me: Lol just got home. Will pee, unload, scour the menu, then get ready lol

Ms. Amy: Sounds good!

Me: OMG I can't decide

Ms. Amy: The burgers are getting the best reviews on yelp. 

Me: Is that from Carnivores who are dragged there by their vegetarian friends though? lol

Me: I'm looking at the jackfruit tacos (something that I could replicate easily)

Me: Also this whole experience gets it's own blog post lol

Ms Amy: Haha. Seems like it's both vegans and meat eaters. I saw a few bad reviews for the jackfruit tacos unfortunately.

Ms Amy: The Philly cheesesteak, quesadillas, and meatloaf had good reviews too. 

Me: That's ok. I don't generally trust reviews. 

Ms. Amy: Gotcha

Me: I will not even dignify the "cheesesteak" lol

And then we were on the road. YAY.

We were both late, but that's okay.



I loved the glossary that they had for the menu.



I really couldn't decide what I wanted, but I knew that I was hungry. At first I thought that if I had too hard of a time deciding then I would get lunch and buy dinner to take home. 

We started with the Fried Pickles. I love pickles. The platter was huge. The pickles came with ranch dressing. I'm assuming it was a vegan ranch.


I literally ate so many that I started to make myself sick. And then the meal came. I decided to go with the King's Burger: Daiya Cheddar, lettuce, tomato, Vegenaise, pickles, onion, and ketchup. I got it with a side of grilled zucchini. 



The burger was pretty good. It wasn't my favorite patty, but I liked it. I was a little nervous about the Daiya Cheddar. To be honest, the only vegan cheese that I had experience with made me nauseous from the smell. This cheese was surprisingly good. It tasted like Cheese Whiz, and I'm not really sure there's actual dairy in that so maybe they are one in the same.  The grilled veggies were awesome.

I really wanted dessert. I just couldn't do vegan cheesecake though.  There was a cookie that caught my eye: Cowboy Cookies. They were made of Pecans, coconut, oatmeal, bananas, and chocolate chips.  I know what you are thinking: But Jennie, you gave up chocolate for Lent. Yeah, this barely counted as chocolate. So I allowed it. The picture isn't good, but I assure you the cookies were Delicious. 



We had a great time and have two other Vegetarian/Vegan restaurants we want to check out. Let the Adventure continue on another day...

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts