2014 Recap: The Year of Jennie



Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

What a year it has been. Oh my. I wish I had posted during this past week, but there was lots of traveling for me and lots of family time. That has to take precedence. Especially snuggle time with nephew. Aww. Aunt Jennie was in heaven. Right now I am in my pjs nursing a cough ready to go to bed before the new year comes. I do believe exhaustion has finally set in from this year. It was well worth it though.

So clearly there are some Christmas posts on the way, but right now I want to reflect on 2014. I often joked that it was “The Year of Jennie!” and I wasn’t kidding. So much happened that I had been wanting to for so long. There was a lot of sacrifice and that led to a lot of stress, but it was literally the most rewarding year of my life.

Shall we take a stroll down memory lane?

Do you remember my cruise? I DO!  Oh my gosh, in any other year that would have been the biggest highlight of the year. I was in the bluest of blue waters. I was kissed by a dolphin. It was glorious.
After years of wanting to, I was finally able to move back to Charlotte. Oh I missed it so much. I feel whole here. It’s been a big struggle missing my family and friends, but thankfully I have been a little active on social media. Haha. A little. I am going to try harder this year for facetime and skype. I 
need to see those faces.

I am still building my client base and expect a giant rush in the next month, but I am now really and truly a Personal Trainer. My fulltime job is to help people lead a healthy and active lifestyle. I support them and give them the tools they need to do it all on their own. No more sitting behind the desk for me.

Girls on the Run was the most rewarding experience. Working with these girls touched my heart in ways that I never anticipated. I am beyond excited to see them again in 5 weeks. I have missed them oodles since we parted. I know that they all said that I helped them, but they each stole a little piece of my heart.

Lest we not forget ending the year completing my first Marathon. It was literally a lifelong dream that for most of my life I could never even imagine it coming true. I signed up for it a year ago today. I had 11 months to prepare physically and mentally.  Through most of the training I kept saying “one and done” because it was taking a toll physically and mentally. But deep down I knew that I wanted another. And so tonight I signed up again for next year. I am currently working on a training plan for this one. I am forever changed by this experience.

The past three weeks have been a little sad. There’s a post race depression that I’ve been going through.  I had been away from my family leading up to Christmas. And money has been a BIG stress. But, I am coming out of my funk. Tomorrow is a new year. I have a new race to train for (and possibly another…oooh I shall tell you about that later). I saw my family. And I have some new consultations happening. It’s going to be great. Besides, my year was so full of ups that it had to balance out with some downs.

What does 2015 have in store for me?  I have no idea, but I can’t wait to wake up tomorrow and see. Maybe Tony Stewart will FINALLY call!

I have been thinking a lot about New Year's Resolutions. I'm not generally too good at them. I tend to make a bunch and then not keep focused. I shall make one Health/Fitness related and one mental. 

Health/Fitness - work on my speed

Mental - I resolve to reread the full Harry Potter Series this year. I have been wanting to do that for a long long time.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

New to Pinterest

www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts