Don't Give Up: Water, Light, and Love

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I would love to say that this is going to be a long post that I spent hours working on, but that is how I tend to let weeks and months go by between posts. Some weeks they may be short and sweet (just like me!) because the goal is to get me back in the habit. 

I hope this post finds you safe warm and healthy. I know way too many people who are in the hospital or whose immediate family member is in the hospital right now. I know way too many people who have the flu or COVID right now. Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones. 

I love the cold weather. I love to bundle up with a book under a blanket and sip my hot chocolate with whipped cream. It's cozy and delightful.  One of my favorite Christmas gifts from my class this year was a 12 Days of Hot Chocolate. Yes Please! Please note that in the past I have included hot chocolate when I give up chocolate at Lent, but I will NOT be doing that this year. Lent starts in a month and I'm not ready. If it helps with my relaxation then it's not going anywhere. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a Hot chocolate junkie. I'm not drinking it every night, but when I do it's amazing. I use milk (skim, but it's still good) and whipped cream (sometimes it's flavored). I once mixed a gingerbread hot chocolate with a maple whipped cream and I swear to you that it was the best hot chocolate that I had ever had. I still dream about it. 

Let's get back on track. What else relaxes me? Organization. I've been working on decluttering and organizing every day. I'm working on it a little each day. Today I spent the day working on my classroom and I left feeling great. I was also a little sore. I had a client in the middle of the day and I didn't really sit so when I got in my car at the end of the day my hip wasn't really thrilled with me. I have a plan to walk after preschool tomorrow to see how flexible it will let me be, but I may have overdone it today (I regret nothing). I do have stretching tomorrow night so that should help. 

What else helps me to relax? My plants. I'm happy to report that Luc is thriving. He's thriving a little too much. I honestly didn't know that succulents could grow like he is. I think I should get an award for this. It must be because I take him with me when I travel. He Loves to ride shotgun. 


I'm honestly not sure what to do. I think it's time to re-pot him. Let me remind you what he looked like when I first got him. 


This is what love and attention can do. Imagine if you focus that love and attention on yourself. We all deserve to thrive like that. Let's all channel our inner Luc. 

I did not take Luc on the plane to Maine for Christmas, but I did worry about him. I worried about all of my plants. They all got displaced when I put my Christmas tree up. This was the first year that I didn't mind taking my tree down because my plants needed to get back to their spots. While I was gone they all did okay, except for one. 


My peace lily drooped. It would have been easy to give up on her and throw her out, but I knew better. I resurrected someone else's Peace Lily this past year and when I bought this plant in October she was $5 and half dead. And so I watered her and showed her love. Within a day she was starting to thrive again. 


I should have taken a picture of her today back in her regular spot. I have removed the dead leaves and she looks completely different. Oh, hold on. I'll go take a picture. The Eagles game is on a commercial. Good Lord, I just hobbled into the living room. I am going to need to cut this short and lie down to stretch my hip. 


Look at how beautiful and green she is. This is just two weeks later. Water, Light, and Love. She is so much healthier. I need to name her. If you have any suggestions please send them to me: jhendersonfit@gmail.com. 

I have been wanting to write a post about her since she came back to life after getting some water. Hydration is key. Even if you are trying to warm up, please don't forget to drink your water. If that's hard, then have a water-based soup. Eat some fruit. Just stay hydrated. You can always correct it, but it will take longer to get there and there may be some damage. I'm going to get technical but look at the color of your pee. The clearer the better. Start the day with a glass of water.  You'll be thriving too. 

Okay, my hip needs me. I'll see you soon. Heads up: I'll be making a vegetarian chili this week that I'm salivating over. 

I appreciate you.


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on 
Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973
Threads: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts