So far I'm not a fan of 50

 Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

Well, I am 50. Oh Boy. I'm going to be honest, it hasn't been the easiest pill to swallow. I love a good Birthday month. I love spending time with my friends. I love birthday wishes. Of course, I love the presents. I don't love the number. I could say it leading up to the day, but that day I wanted to curl in a ball and cry every time that number was mentioned. 

The weekend before my birthday we had a road trip to the Wineries. Hooray! It was a smaller group than the last birthday trip, but that's okay. It's why I celebrate all month. My birthday celebrations always compete with graduations, weddings, and Mother's Day.  We left early from church so that we could make our first stop at the Amish Store. I'm glad we did because it was crowded. I picked up some cheese and crackers and some items for home. 



We had four wineries to hit. First, we went to Shadow Springs. I haven't been there in a while and it has the Margarita-wine. Oh it was so good. 



Then we went to a winery that I had never been to, Dobbins Creek. I wasn't planning on having anything there, until they mentioned a homemade Sangria. And let me tell you, it was the BEST Sangria that I have ever had. 



The third stop was Laurel Gray. I had the Rose. I loved it the last time, but I wasn't as crazy about it as before. Darn it. Luckily, it's such a pretty stop. 



Our last stop for the day was Windsor Run. They were debuting a Rum Punch and it was insanely good. It was the one drink that everyone agreed on. I also had a glass of my favorite Island Holiday. It's my favorite and the wine that I took on the cruise. So every time that I drink it I am instantly transported to Jamaica. 



The day was wonderful and I did bring a giant bottle of water that I finished, but I still felt dehydrated when we returned to the church Ms. Amy and I went and filled up our water bottles with fresh ice water before heading home. I was able to stop for some groceries so that I didn't need to leave the house on Sunday. I cannot stress enough how much I enjoy the option to watch the church service in my pajamas on youtube.

And a couple of days later I turned 50. 



I woke up early so that I could stop at Starbucks for my free birthday drink. Once a year I splurge and get my Venti White Chocolate Mocha with Raspberry. It's full of sugar and calories so that is why it is a once-a-year deal. They ran out of Raspberry the day before. 50 sucks. 

Luckily when I got to preschool I felt the love. 



I was asked how I wanted to celebrate and I answered with a Breakfast Yogurt Parfait bar. And they delivered :-)



My class didn't exactly acknowledge my birthday, but my class from last year did. In fact, one little precocious 4 yr old kept repeatedly telling me "Ms. Jennie you are FIFTY!".  Okay, he was yelling. Thank you V. Thank you very much. 

After preschool, I didn't have any clients and I made a plan to meet Ms. Debbie at SeaLife. I needed a good day with my fishies. They did not disappoint. Although, I'm sad to report that one of the three Lionfish that I love is no longer with us. I shall miss you Lionfish. 


When I got home I still led my Stretching class. I needed it and I had a glass of wine while we stretched. I'm allowed. What I was really looking forward to was the new episode of Ted Lasso that night. It also did not disappoint. Thank you to the Ted Lasso writers for bringing me joy. 

I hit the gym for the rest of the week and my feet HURT. I knew that I needed to get new sneakers, but I thought I could get a few more weeks out of them. Nope. The balls of my feet and my toes hurt each night. When you look at the bottom of my sneakers that is where they are worn. So do me a favor right now. Stop reading and check the bottom of your shoes. I am forever telling people to do that. Remember, your average shoe has a life of 300-500 miles. If you tell me that you have had your sneakers for years and they are comfy that doesn't mean that they are providing you proper support. Without the right support, you can have unnecessary pain in your feet, knees, hips, back, etc after a long day on your feet let alone a workout. Happily, I used some birthday money and ordered two new pairs of Asics: one for workouts and one for everyday stuff. 

As wonderful as the winery trip was, it started off on a sad note. We found out before we got on the road that a friend passed away that morning. It was very unexpected and was in the back of our minds the whole day. The Funeral was a week later and it was a difficult week to get through. I was not looking forward to the Funeral. I was not looking forward to the negative headspace I would bring. It was a beautiful service though. There was a lot of necessary grieving. It was hard and I went shopping after. Not much, but I was anxious. I went to Ikea to get the cutting board that I wanted. It is elevated so you can place a container under it and just slide some vegetables off of the board into the bowl. 

I know what you are thinking. It is a little strange to from a funeral to Ikea in the same breath. Welcome to my little world of Anxiety and OCD. If I feel overwhelmed with emotion I am going to do one of a few things. Either I am going to seriously eat my feelings away or I'm going to fixate on buying something that I want or I am going to vegetate and sit in front of the tv for days. I chose to buy a cutting board. I also tackled a project that I had been trying to do for weeks. I cleaned out my closet. Making order out of a chaos of emotions. 

I'm starting to feel a little scattered and I fear that I'm about to lose you. So I will end with today's excitement. As I was getting out of my car to go work with a client, I somehow smashed my knee into my interior door handle. I could not catch my breath. You know when you hit your funny bone? Well, imagine that you now have to stand on that. After an hour it was still tender. I could see swelling through my pants. I could put weight on it, but not stress. I came home and put ice on it (while I ate a pint of ice cream). I got so cold that I had to put a blanket on. It's still sore and swollen and I was climbing into my elevated bed trying not to put weight on it. It wasn't easy and I have resigned myself to the fact that I will just have to pee on my bed tonight because I do not want to try that in the dark in my half-asleep state. I'm really not happy with 50. 

And on that visual I shall go to bed (well I'm really watching Grey's). Good night and don't forget to check the tread on your shoes. 

I appreciate you.

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts