Random Friday: Funnel Cake, Christmas, and injuries

Hello Beautiful People,

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Christmas? I love it! And I'm stressed and anxious right now. UGH. 

Back in the day, I wrote Random Wednesday blog posts. This isn't going to be a fully random post, but I have a bunch of different things to talk about. 

First off I will start with my confession. This past Saturday I went back to Winterfest at Carowinds. It was way more crowded than the previous week. We waited in line on the highway before the exit ramp. We waited in line to go through the parking gate. We waited in line to go through the ticket gate. It took us an hour to do all of this. Let me set the stage. First, I went with my friend Candace. She too went to Syracuse. Let's Go Orange! Second, it was a little colder than the week before. Third, since we were meeting earlier I did not eat dinner. 



Okay, so when we walked in the show on the main stage was just beginning.  It was delightful. And when they started to sing Winter Wonderland it started to snow. SQUEE!


The week before I had 3 mugs of hot chocolate. So I made sure to drink tons of water all day to stay hydrated. That always means several bathroom breaks. We went into the dining area to use the restroom. The lines for the food weren't that long, but we decided to wait a little bit. We went to see the Four Drummers Drumming and they did not disappoint. I loved them, even more, the second time around. I took lots of videos of them on both nights. I plan on sitting with Grandmom Joyce and sharing them with her next week. 



We continued to walk around looking at lights and I noticed that the lines for all of the concessions were long. They only got longer as the night went on. It was the perfect night for the Grilled Cheese bar. Unfortunately, the line for the dining hall literally came out of the door. I have never seen it that long. We weren't going to wait in that line. But, we were hungry and it was late. So we did what any rational person would do. We got in line for funnel cake for dinner. Yep, I confess that I had funnel cake for dinner. It wasn't just any funnel cake though. It was gingerbread funnel cake. And obviously, it was the only thing on the menu without a calorie count next to it. 


It was delicious. And I'm not going to lie. It was such a sugar high that it actually put me off of sweets for a few days. I wouldn't recommend this every day, but I'm not mad. It was worth it. Although my gingerbread cookies are way better. 

*****

Christmas break is almost upon us. I had my last clients of 2022 today. I have one more day of preschool. And then I'm flying to Maine. All of this time I have been anxious about the weather in Chicago, but it looks like it will be dry. Queue the news alerts that Charlotte might get snow next week. Ugh. 

I assume they are talking about the mountains because I don't actually see any in the forecast. Way to stress me out, guys. 

I really need to start packing.

*****

So speaking of stress, I can't find my debit card. Great. I turned it off and I spent all night trying to call Target to see if anyone turned it in. No one answered. Ugh. It's going to be a fun day tomorrow. 

*****

Since I'm leaving Tuesday I'm playing the "make sure I eat all of the perishable food before I leave" game. It's fun. And just a reminder that I eat a LOT of vegetables. My fiber level is HIGH. Lots of gas I tell ya. I have been fartalicious. 

OH and let me just say, that the day after I was denied grilled cheese I went to the grocery store and picked up some American cheese from the deli and a fresh loaf of bread. I made some damn good grilled cheese this week. I'm happy to report that I finally remembered to make it on my George Foreman grill. Do it. It's so easy. 

*****

I'm having some shoulder issues. I don't like it. About a month ago I had to plant my left foot forward and swing the whole right side of my body forward to retrieve something very heavy. I think I messed up my shoulder. Ugh. 

Oh and I definitely wrote too many Christmas cards.

*****

Okay, I need to get up early. It's time for bed. 

 I appreciate you. 

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts