Some highs and lows of the first week of my last year in my 40's

Hello Beautiful People,

Okay so it's been a week of 49 and I'm feeling it. Perhaps this wasn't the best week to think that I could get back to blogging regularly.  I had really wanted to tell you all about the Billy Joel Concert, but it's not one that I can just throw together. I want to take my time with it. And this was not the week that could allow that. 

Shall we start with the obscene amount of pollen in the air? For the past month, I have been going to bed each night with an allergy pill. Well, most of the month I was taking it at night so that I could get a good night's sleep. I have switched to taking the medicine in the morning. It gets harder to get up in the morning otherwise. We didn't even take the kids outside most of the week because the one day we did was just too much on the allergies. Gah! I mean I felt so bad that at one point I took a covid test just to make sure it wasn't that. Thankfully it wasn't. 

I also started back with a morning client on Monday. I haven't seen her since December. She broke her shoulder in January. We had planned on starting back up in June, but she contacted me in a Rush to meet every day this past week because her Physical Therapist was on vacation and she wanted me to help her with her at-home exercises. I was excited. I missed her. But, this was really a rough week to get up early every day before preschool. On our first morning back I stopped and took a photo of her beautiful roses out front. 


After her session, I stopped at Starbucks to get my free Birthday Drink. I was going to be a little late so I quickly zipped into a parking spot and ran in. While I was in line a lady came up to me and asked if that was my Ford out front. I got a little nervous thinking that someone hit it. I said it was and she told me that she was having a difficult time over something and struggling. And then she saw my license plate frame and it helped her: No Worries. God's God it Covered. That made me so happy. I have had this frame for many years and it's been a very long time since anyone has commented on it. 



I did make it to the gym on Tuesday. My lungs were crap though from the allergies and I felt like I had been hit by a truck after 40 minutes. I did make it through the full Ted Lasso episode that I was watching and then went for my hydromassage. I got a little work done when I got home, but I was wiped out and needed rest. 

Wednesday was a rough day at preschool. I'm telling you, these kids have all forgotten their own names and don't remember the class rules. Gah. The last month is never my favorite. LOL. At least the countdown to summer is on. Don't get me wrong. I love each and every one of them. They each make me smile every day. But, somedays I think they organize and try to see who can make me lose my mind first. It didn't help that Wednesday was a 3 client day in addition to preschool. While I was with my second client of the day I saw this beauty on her table. It was another Stop and Smell the Roses day. 



I wish I could say that the rest of the night went smoothly, but I can't. I got home and made it through the stretching class I lead just fine. But, the emotions of the day got me and I ate a buttload of cheese and crackers before my last client session of the day. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself?

Thursday was another day. I didn't have anything planned after Preschool and was hoping to go to the gym. I was ready to do it, but then it occured to me.  Thursday was the first day that I felt good and had many things on my To-Do list. So I skipped the gym and was very productive. I'll call that a win. I will also add that I had been reading this on my client's wall all week and wanted to take a picture. 


I enjoyed my Grey's Anatomy and welcomed in Friday. I was exhausted by now, but I just needed to get through preschool. I had planned on meeting a friend for coffee after preschool and before my evening client. It was another particularly rough day with some of the kids. I had tried not to eat any more chocolate or sweets. I've had a lot over the past two weeks with Teacher Appreciation Week and my Birthday. I could not stay out of the treasure box on Friday and couldn't resist the Hershey kisses.  I was in need of a release. My coffee date got postponed. I couldn't go to the gym because I didn't have the right clothes. I just wanted to go home and have a glass of wine, but I know that's not the right thing to do. So instead I decided to run the errands that I planned for Saturday. That way I wouldn't need to leave the house all weekend. Hooray! While I was out I made a bad choice. I'm an emotional eater and it was a tough week. So I ordered a Beyond meat burger and fries. It was still early and I ended up eating it before meeting with my client. UGH. That was stupid. 

This weekend was very productive, but I also needed to rest too. I'm happy to share that tomorrow night I will be going to see Leon Bridges in concert with Ms. Amy. I'm super excited about this. I even took the following day off because I know that I can't recover like I once could. Gah! I also need to prepare for a meeting this week. I'm excited to share that I am now the Co-Chair of the Charlotte Crop Hunger Walk. Go Me!

Alright, it's time for me to say Good Night and go to sleep. Get some rest and don't forget your Self Care this week. 

 Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts