Random Monday: Chocolate, DNA, and Racing

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

Well Lent is upon us and in two days I will be giving up chocolate until Easter. I have needed this so bad. Frankly I am ashamed of my chocolate addiction. And make no mistakes about it, it is an addiction.  I can give it up for a few months, but then I fall off the wagon and I fall off hard.  But, it's always stress related. I don't eat it when I'm super happy. Maybe this is the big problem.

Alright, so I'm giving up chocolate, but I'm also going to to try to de-clutter and organize. Every now and then I do this and it makes me feel good. It helps reduce the stress and it's pleasant.

I really hope that it's cold for most of Lent. I have some hot teas that I like to take away the sweet craving. My favorite is Celestial Seasonings Caramel Apple. It's so yummy. And it tastes so sweet there is no need to add sugar. It's a seasonal tea and I bought it up when I had the chance so hopefully I can make it until next fall when it comes out again.

Lent should also be a good time to kick start my race training.  I really wish that I could give you a good update since my last post, but frankly I've been exhausted. Honestly, yesterday after church someone sought me out to make sure that I was okay. She said that I looked peaked during communion. That's never a good sign.

I mean we had a snow day on Friday. I was able to veg out in my pajamas until I had my clients. I used it as a rest day and made sure not to overeat. Then I was on the road and out of town most of Saturday. I got home after midnight and had a hard time falling asleep. I was only a few minutes late to church so that was a win. So I looked exhausted early in the morning and then I was going to be out all day. Today I wanted to nap all day.  I occasionally ask the kids to pretend nap. LOL. It only lasts 10 seconds, but it's a glorious 10 seconds at preschool.

Speaking of preschool, it was a chocolate festival the week of Valentine's day. I got some pretty awesome gifts from the kids: an evening purse and a Starbucks travel mug. I also got a dozen krispy kreme donuts and pounds and pounds of chocolate. I don't eat donuts, but I did have a couple. Then I froze the rest and passed them out to our friends at Hit the Streets. I attempted to spread out the chocolate, but that wasn't a huge success. It was gone by the snow day.
*****

Last year I made it a resolution to try new recipes. Being a vegetarian can get very routine if you let it, but there are so many options out there to try. I recently tried a black bean wrap that I got out of Forks over Knives. It includes spinach, avocado, mango, and cilantro. It was incredibly yummy and I look forward to making it some more.



For Christmas Mom surprised me with a Magic Bullet. I had one years ago, but I didn't use it that often. I'm excited to start using it. Tonight I got ingredients to make a almond blueberry protein drink I found on Pinterest.  Seriously, if you tell me there are blueberries in it then I'm in.

*****

In case you are wondering, my DNA has been extracted. I'm anticipating results soon. *SQUEE*

*****

If you have followed me for a while then you know my love of NASCAR. I haven't been able to watch it since Dad passed away. I especially got anxious around the Daytona 500. That was our special Daddy/Daughter time together for many years. I started to get excited for it this year with the Daytona 500 and Spring Training starting.. I'm happy to report that up until the final lap that I was enjoying it again. I still wanted to call Dad the whole time, but I didn't feel anxious anymore. Grief has no timetable.

Sadly there was a horrific crash on the final lap. I went from jumping up and screaming because the driver that I was routing for had just taken the lead to horrified screaming as just moments later he was involved in one of the worst wrecks that I had ever seen. I'll be honest, I thought for certain that he had died. I couldn't breathe. It was three hours before they announced that he was in serious, but not life threatening condition. My body was so tense during that time that my muscles hurt the whole next day. The crash took me into an immediate downward spiral. I'm over the moon that Ryan Newman walked out of the hospital. Personally, it would have destroyed me if I couldn't enjoy and watch racing again.

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts