Happy 2020

Hello Beautiful People,

I hate that it's been so long since my last post. So much has happened. I mean I went to Jamaica for goodness sake and still haven't posted about it. To be fair, I've been quite busy, a tad exhausted, and on an emotional roller coaster.

I've been slightly obsessed this past year with finding out more about my Ancestry. I finally have an Ancestry.com account and have been spending countless hours researching my ancestry. I'm currently waiting for my DNA to be processed. And I'm Horribly impatient about it. Over Christmas my uncle told me that he submitted his DNA and found out that we have a lot of Sami people in our background. This came as a surprise as we had never heard of Sami people. However, after researching it shouldn't come as a surprise. You all know how much I love Christmas right? The Sami people are about as close to the North Pole as you can get. They are literally Reindeer herders. GET OUT! I'm practically an Elf!

So speaking of Christmas, it wasn't my usual Christmas season. First off we were a week short. I mean I start getting ready in October, but the actual weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas was a week short. And then add in that I was away for a week and a half for the Cruise and my time was shortened even more. Don't get me wrong, I am in NO WAY complaining about the cruise. I can't wait to tell you all about it. I just got sad because I didn't get to do a lot of my usual Christmas activities. Did I mention that everyone was sick over Christmas? Plans kept getting postponed. My anxiety was off the charts this Christmas. And then came the incredible January sadness. I really could live in a Christmas town all year you know.

Okay back to the Ancestry part. I was incredibly addicted to my searching for most of January. I would get a little thrill when I would find another generation. And then I would get extremely sad when I would find sad stories. It broke my heart when I would find records of stillbirths or children who died young. I found arrest records that were results of poverty. It hasn't always been a fun journey.  I did find some fun and interesting things so it hasn't all be sad. I found the cutest little Church in Sweden that was built in the 1600's and my 9th great-grandfather Olof helped maintain it. It is now high on my bucket list to go visit.



It was a good distraction in January. On New Year's Eve I signed up for my next race. I signed up for the Rehoboth Beach Half Marathon in December. My cousin Jacob will be running with me. I figured it gave me 11 months to really get in good shape for it. I wanted to get started right away. And then the weather went crazy. It was freezing. It was hot and rainy. It was freezing. It was hot and rainy. My sinuses went haywire. I ended up losing my voice for a week. And that's not ideal for a preschool teacher/Personal trainer. I didn't want to stress my lungs any more and so I just concentrated on my research. I was better for a week and then got sick again. I'm going to end up moving to Arizona if this weather doesn't settle down. I started last Saturday with 5 miles and then had a coughing fit when it was time for bed. So I haven't pushed it. I need to get going though. I've already lost 6 weeks of training. Grr.

It's going to be a busy week for me, but I am going to try and sit down and tell you all bout the Cruise. I could do a post on the food alone. I took pictures and made notes on everything I ate. It was so delicious. I miss it. I really miss the fresh pineapple with breakfast every morning.

The good news is that when I took down my Christmas decorations, insert sad face, I rearranged some furniture. I made my desk more accessible and functional. It's been great for all of my research, but it should make it easier for me to sit and write out blog posts again. Plus, I really want to show you my pictures. I loved Jamaica so much. And Haiti was simply breathtaking.

For now though I need to go put my feet up. I was just remarking the other day how great my knees felt, because I hadn't been putting strain on them. And then this afternoon we had a little Sweetheart dance at church for my preschoolers and well, my knees hurt.  I line danced a little too much (stomping and jumping are not my friends). I think I'll put on a movie and relax.

I hope this finds you well and I really look forward to writing more...maybe even tomorrow.



Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts