Not my Winery trip post, but just as good :-)

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

I know that I still owe you a post about my winery trip. It's in progress, but I want to talk about something else first.

In my last post I told you my plan. To refresh your memory: there were 204 days between my birthday and the day we leave for the cruise, so I need to get to the gym at least 150 days.  Well we are now 191 days away and I've been to the gym 9 times.  It's a pretty good ratio to start with.

I was so excited on my 5th day because I had gotten back to my old regular speed. It wasn't my fastest, but my old steady. And that felt so good. Your body remembers and it will find it's way back. Just don't expect too much from it too soon.  On day 7 I visited the Plato's Closet next to the gym and got a couple pairs of used workout pants. They are so cute. It's never a bad thing to get yourself a new outfit for you. It perks you up. Except for the gym I wasn't going anywhere on Saturday so it was my treat to myself. And I did go to the gym on Saturday. I had planned on going for 8 miles, but I got deflated the night before. I found out that the Half-Marathon that I was planning was on a different day than I thought. So I got sad. I still did 6 miles though. I am not registered for a Half Marathon at the moment, but I'm going to continue training like I am.

I did struggle this past Monday. I had a really long Sunday and I spent a few hours sweating and walking around uptown. I made sure to drink water, but I know that I was still at least a little dehydrated. I had a hard time going to sleep and then really struggled to wake up. All morning I was a slug. I would have happily spent the whole morning laying on the floor. I did spend a lot of time sitting on the floor with the kiddos. There was NO way I was going to the gym. I would have fallen flat on my face.  I wasn't sure if I was just dehydrated or if it was a lack of protein for the day. I think it was a bit of both because I drank a ton of water and had a little protein and then again I couldn't fall asleep. Ugh.

The thought of being dehydrated worries me. I drink water all day long. I shouldn't be dehydrated. I think it had a little to do with it, but I know that I didn't have much protein that day or the day before. I'm still working on that. On a normal day I eat a lot of beans, but I try to limit that when I'm out and about and eating out.

I was planning on going to the gym yesterday, but I needed it as a food prep day. I came home and made soup and prepped a lot of snacks and meals. I have not made any new recipes this month and that's okay. I've try new things when I've eaten out and I've enjoyed making previous recipes. I really missed my soups so this was a much needed night.

I didn't get to the gym as early as I had hoped today, but I still went. I got in 3 miles and I was Sweating when I left. I could not wait to get home and shower. It felt good though.



This week was my first day in shorts. That meant that everyone would ask me about the tape on my knee. It's there most of the time, but you can't see it because of my pants. It's really important right now.  My knee didn't miraculously get better. It's still an issue, but improving the circulation is a plus. It's been sweet how concerned the kiddos have been. They have short term memory issues though because they seemed to ask me every five minutes. I did let them touch the tape so that it didn't scare them. I was happy to wear pants today though. lol.

I'm very excited about this weekend. Memorial Day weekend is my annual weekend with my best friend from high school, Ms. Kristin, and her two kids. I didn't get to meet up with them last year and I'm still sad about that. I can't wait to see them and walk all over my favorite city.

And that has me a little nervous. I've been thinking back to last summer when I was in DC for a week with my youth group from church. I was fine most of the time, but the day that we spent walking all over the city and going up and down all of those steps just about killed me. By the end of the night I was physically crying because my knee hurt so bad that I didn't think that I could take another step. I ended up going back to the room early to ice it, but it was so swollen that it was hard to sleep.  I don't want a repeat of that. I'll have be be really good about the stairs. I'm not worried about walking too much. That's not the problem. But, I love the Memorials and those stairs are unforgiving for the knee. Luckily my mom ordered me an ice pack that sticks to your skin. Is it weird that I'm super excited about it?

Okay, I'm going to sign off and try to go to sleep. Before I go though, I think I found a new Half Marathon to train for. Hooray!  It's in Wilmington, NC in November. I may have someone to run with me. He's thinking about it and is pretty sure he will do it and gave me permission to harass him every day until he agrees.  Woo Woo! 

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts