Birthday Month Adventures: I may be a Vegan now...oh and the cruise is only 199 days away

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

So much to tell. I've been really busy, but I've been itching to write. I'm a little tired, so I'm not going to tell you all that's been going on, I will do my best to catch up this week.

Last weekend I was driving up to Mom's for an early Mother's Day/Birthday celebration weekend. I made a pretty big decision on the way up. I'm not going totally vegan, but I have now cut out eggs and greatly reduced my cheese intake.  The problem will and has been been eating out. I will have to allow exceptions while I'm out.  I try to limit eating out as much as possible. I will also need to really plan ahead for road trips. It's already hard enough to try and eat healthy on the road.

I have been thinking about the cruise a lot and that is really what brought this on. Five years ago I lost weight on my cruise. I ate super healthy and exercised every day. But, that involved chicken. What are my options if I eliminate chicken? Will it be all pasta and pizza? I don't want to eat eggs and cheese all week. That'll bloat me up.

I did some searching and it looks like I should be okay. I hope this still applies, but if I check in with guest services, they will alert my waiter. I will need to order my dinner's a day in advance, but it'll be worth it. YAY.

So I arrived at Mom's Friday night and then we were meeting family out for breakfast on Saturday.  I love this diner. It serves fresh local food. It also has lots of vegetarian/vegan options. I had initially planned on an eggs based breakfast when we chose the location. Luckily I had other options to choose from. I chose Quinoa Coconut Pancakes. It came with blueberries, pecans, grilled bananas, and fresh fruit. HELLO!


And well since it was the beginning of Birthday month, I also got a mimosa :-)

After breakfast Mom and I went to Barnes & Noble. It's pretty much my idea of a perfect Saturday morning. I got two more vegan cookbooks (and took a picture of a recipe in another). I think I'm good on the cookbooks for a while now. I haven't really been making new recipes the last few weeks. I've been really busy and enjoying past recipes.

If you thought that morning couldn't get any better, you are wrong my friend. We then took a trip to my favorite grocery store: Wegmans. It's my dream store. Beautiful colors as far as the eye can see.







On my way back to North Carolina I made another decision. I am ready to start training for another race. I need the motivation and I need to do this for me. I did the Rock'n'Roll USA after Dad passed away. I was not prepared for it, but I completed it. I needed it mentally, but my heart and soul was not in it. I'm ready to claim my body back so it's time.  This one is for me.

I have not registered yet, but it's on my calendar and only a mere 22 weeks away. I'm currently looking for someone to join me in October for the Myrtle Beach mini marathon. It's been on my bucket list of races forever. I need this.  Also, it'll help my body get ready for the cruise.

Last week was my birthday. The Cruise was 204 days away. So my goal became to hit the gym at least 150 times before the cruise. That is gym specific and does not include workouts in the park or at home. Well it's been 6 days and I've been to the gym 5 times in those 6 days. The only day I skipped was Saturday for my Winery Tour Birthday Celebration (that's the next blog). I'm not running circles around anyone just yet, but yesterday I hit a speed that I haven't seen in a long time. Again, I repeat that it's not fast, but it was my old regular standard speed. I can't believe I hit it so fast. I haven't been slacking, but I haven't been cardio heavy for a while. This is my body remembering. It's done it before, it can do it again.  I want to wear my nice clothes again.

I'm feeling good right now. I've got a plan in action. Mentally I am in a much better place than I have been in the last two plus years. Physically I need to lose some pounds, but my injuries aren't holding me back right now. It's all good.  Now who wants to sign up for Myrtle Beach with me?


Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts