It has been 10 weeks since I have eaten meat.Yay!

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I've been wanting to write this post for a while, but I've been a tad busy and preoccupied. I'm currently in a declutter project. The goal is to fill at least one target sized bag full of trash, recycleables, or donations for every day in August. It's been nice and I have a large pile of donations building up in my living room. Go Me!  Sadly, I have been sidelined though with an injury. My 'good' knee has been swollen for 2 days. So here I sit with my leg elevated and being iced. It feels like a good time to blog then.

*****

Today is the 10 week Anniversary of being a Vegetarian. I can't believe how easy this decision has been for me. The reality is that it is a lot easier to adapt this lifestyle than it was years ago.  There are countless cookbooks dedicated to it. And don't even get me started on the Pinterest recipes that have made me salivate.

Eating out can be easy and tricky. Almost every place has a vegetarian option. Whether or not it's a healthy option is the question.  French fries. Pizza.  Grilled Cheese. These are all options, just not the healthiest. However, I have also been extremely pleased with some of the options. Chipotle Black Bean Burger. Zucchini pasta with tofu. Veggie burgers. Spinach and Mushroom omlets. Grilled vegetable hoagies.

Zucchini pasta with tofu

Spinach and mushroom omlet

Grilled Veggies Hoagie

Grocery shopping is also a lot easier. And I'll be honest. I really love the meals that I make.  I have not ventured into cooking my own Tofu and I've only eaten it twice, but I so enjoy other products.


I'm currently freaking out about the Veggie Bubba Burgers. I'm literally obsessed.  They are delicious. 

*****

I have lost count of the number of times that someone has asked me if I've lost weight from this or does it make me feel better. So here it goes.

I really haven't lost weight* from it and I don't really feel any better*. However, please notice those asterisks. 

Losing weight can be tricky. You would most likely drop weight immediately if you become a Vegan. As a vegetarian I still eat dairy and eggs. I need to get my protein in. I also need to get that 'full' feeling so I eat potatoes and avocados (for the healthy fat). I do tend to lose a pound or two when I am cooking and in control. However, I gain it right back after several days of eating out. 

So how do I feel? I really don't feel that much of a difference. However, if you remember I gave up red meat long ago. I hadn't eaten bacon in forever. My only meats were really grilled chicken, turkey, and pork (in the bbq form). They aren't the fatty meats. So no, I don't feel different. But, I used to writhe in pain and feel discomfort for hours after I would have that occasional cheeseburger.

Alrighty kids, I'm wiped out. I need to get some sleep. I promise to try and get another post in soon.

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts