Random Wednesday: Growing 2 inches, being sick, and pancakes

Happy Random Wednesday,

Have you ever walked down the street listening to Stayin Alive? You can't walk normal when it's on. I don't care who you are, you start strutting. It came on while I was on the treadmill yesterday. I was amazing!

*****

In case you missed it, Astronaut Scott Kelly returned to Earth last week after 340 days on the International Space Station. One of the first things they noticed when he returned was that he was 2 inches taller. He didn't grow, his body simply decompressed. Think of all of the stress tight muscles make on your bones. When I started working out I grew an inch.

*****

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour this weekend. Shoot me now. I didn't realize it was this weekend when I signed up for the DC Half Marathon. It's not right I tell you!

*****

Last week I got seriously sick with Sinuses. On Thursday it felt like an elephant was sitting on my cheek bones. I felt a little better on Friday morning and then Friday afternoon I was done. My face had swollen up and I couldn't breathe. I had to cancel my evening plans and got in bed. I didn't get out until Sunday morning. I couldn't lift my head. It hurt so bad. I was miserable.

On Friday my throat was so sore that I fixated on getting a milkshake. It's Shamrock shake time at McDonalds. I needed one. I went through the drive thru and got a small. It felt so good on my throat. Of course I would have liked a bigger one, but a small is fine. I ended up losing 3 pounds and I've kept it off. So if you are sick and want a milkshake, just do it. But that's it! 

*****

So tomorrow I head north for the Rock'n'Roll USA Half Marathon. I have mixed emotions over this. I am excited and I'm full of anxiety. I have been training and I know I will finish, but I am nowhere near as fast as I had hoped when I signed up.

*****

Tonight was baked ziti night at church...I have been salivating all week in anticipation. I was not disappointed.

*****

Quite frankly I have gotten annoyed at how every day seems to be National Something Day. And then this week was both National Oreo and National Pancake day. I'm sorry I got annoyed. They are the greatest days EVER!

*****

Good news!  There was an update today on Tony Stewart's back injury. The doctors are pleased with his recovery and he is ready to begin the next phase of physical therapy. Still no word on when to anticipate his return to Nascar. I will just be patiently waiting.

*****

It's time to update your playlist:

In short, the allure of this month's list is that it emphasizes catchy, rhythmic-driven tunes that will give your routine an immediate boost. At the same time, there are enough surprises and detours to keep you engaged. So, when you're ready to move, you'll find plenty of good times—and a little adventure—below.
Here's the full list--according to the votes logged on workout music site Run Hundred.
Sia& Sean Paul – Cheap Thrills – 90 BPM
Paul Oakenfold – Bla Bla Bla (Radio Edit) – 138 BPM
Twenty One Pilots – Stressed Out – 85 BPM
Pitbull, Robin Thicke, Joe Perry & Travis Barker – Bad Man – 120 BPM
Tori Kelly & Big Sean – Hollow – 126 BPM
Gwen Stefani – Make Me Like You – 118 BPM
Ellie Goulding – Something in the Way You Move – 109 BPM
Dillon Francis, Kygo & James Hersey – Coming Over (Tiesto Remix) – 122 BPM
Jess Glynne – Don’t Be So Hard on Yourself – 121 BPM
Diplo& Sleepy Tom – Be Right There (Boombox Cartel Remix) – 146 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Contact:
Chris Lawhorn
Run Hundred
Email: mail@runhundred.com

Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts