Random Wednesday: Joaquin, Bad Ass, and Tony Stewart

Happy Random Wednesday,

Do you know what last Thursday was?  I was reminded that it was the 4 year anniversary of when my story was printed in the Huffington Post. Wow. Four years is a long time. So much has changed since my "before" picture was broadcast to the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/jennies-56-pound-weight-loss-finally-stuck_n_985828.html

The funny thing is that I was so nervous about it for the week leading up to the initial posting and this time I reposted it on facebook without a second thought.

As I reread my story I thought about how far I've come. Not from the beginning of the story, but where it left off. I was still dreaming and hoping to sign up for my first Half Marathon. I hadn't even verbalized my desire to become a Personal Trainer. Wow, so much has happened.

I really have exposed myself to the world...I'm either pretty bad ass or in denial.

*****

My personal mission is to make sure that people are wearing proper footwear. When I was home last weekend I took mom for a new pair. Then when I came back a friend/client tried on my new pair and ordered a similar pair. She was so excited "I feel they will change my life!"

Oh they will my friend....they will!

As will KNEE SOCKS!


*****

I may have moved south, but I moved further inland. We aren't supposed to be affected by hurricanes. DAMN YOU JOAQUIN!

Ms. Amy and I had really been looking forward to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It's such a great cause and so much fun. I had my Pink tutu ready. I also had my pink knee socks, headbands, and sunglasses ready.



Sadly, the race was cancelled. Super bummed. I mean super super super bummed. Stupid hurricane.

*****

We are on week 3 of Girls on the Run. YEAH! Last week we discussed negative and positive self talk. During one activity the Girls were to write down some Negative Self Talk they have said about themselves (don't worry, they symbolically throw them out). I had them in a box and just took a peek.

I am fat.

I am too thick to run.

I am not smart.

I don't fit in.

I literally started crying when I read these. My girls are ages 8-10. They should never have to think this about themselves, let alone as a young girl. I physically hurt thinking that these girls have had those thoughts about themselves. Thank goodness for this program. Girls on the Run is so much more than a running program.

*****

So the other week I was craving cake. This week it's been ice cream. Several times I thought about hitting the McDonalds drive-thru for a caramel sundae, but I have held strong and not stopped.

*****

The other day I was at the park and it was packed full of people on the trail. I loved it. The best part was that it was people of all ages and sizes. Just sayin...get out there!

*****

So my dad's friend has offered to help me meet Tony Stewart. No pressure, but time is a ticking... Tony Stewart, CALL ME!

*****

Have I mentioned that I'm growing out my bangs...kill me now. The is the second time I have done it. The first time took 2 years. And then I cut them after 6 months. It's extremely frustrating, especially if you have OCD. But, I'm in it now. I've suffered this long.



*****

It's time to update your playlist:

Not every month produces a mix varied so perfectly for a workout. Moreover, as we edge closer to winter, the days fit for moving outdoors will start getting scarce. So, don't let October's bounty go to waste: grab some new tunes and get out among the leaves.
Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee & Grandmaster Caz - Downtown - 110 BPM
Justin Bieber - What Do You Mean? - 125 BPM
Kaskade - Never Sleep Alone - 127 BPM
Tink & Tazer - Wet Dollars - 124 BPM
Fenech-Soler - Last Forever - 171 BPM
Nick Jonas - Levels - 102 BPM
Pharrell - Freedom - 95 BPM
Andy Grammer & Eli Young Band - Honey, I'm Good. - 123 BPM
Zedd & Jon Bellion - Beautiful Now (Big Gigantic Remix) - 148 BPM
X Ambassadors - Renegades (Astrolith Remix) - 115 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

Contact:
Chris Lawhorn
Run Hundred
Email: mail@runhundred.com


Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts