Recertification, Preschool, and Succulents

Hello Beautiful People,

Go Birds! Hooray!  Happy Football season. It's been a little while since my last post and I have already started my Part 2 post from Cedar Point and I hope to work on it this week. In the meantime, I wanted to give you a quick update. The Eagles won today and I did my hair. LOL. 



I finished my recertification! Hooray! When I tell you that my brain hurt by the end, I am not kidding. I was getting headaches every time I started reading. 

After I got back from Cedar Point I spent a week with my Mom. I had hoped to get in some pool time, but that didn't happen. We were very productive and I got some studying done, but I hadn't finished it. I also hadn't even read my book for book club, and it was my selection. Gah!  I seriously got headaches every time I started to read. I may have been partially dehydrated too, but the tiny print that I had to read didn't help. 

When I got back to Charlotte I was excited to get working on my new Preschool Classroom. I had prepared my classroom in July to be in great shape for the fall so that I would have extra study time. I got a new classroom so I spent a lot more time working on it than planned. It looks amazing and the kids are really enjoying it and I'm excited about the school year. 

I ended up taking a long weekend to finish studying so that I could focus on the classroom and I was able to do it. Thank goodness. I learned a lot. I now have a Specialty in Weight Management. I plan on a big post about what I learned, but right now I'll just say that I will not be studying for another Specialty for my next recertification. I will be taking smaller courses to ease the burden. I already have my first one picked out to take in January: Caring for Yourself While Supporting Others. 

So I finished my studying and then I finished my classroom. I celebrated by trying a new place for lunch. You know my love for Cava. I picked a similar place, Mezeh. I ate half for lunch and kept half for after Open House. It was so good. I got Spring greens, brown rice, falafels, eggplant, hummus, and more. It was so good that I suggested that Mom and I go that weekend. I went up for a long weekend to relax. I was so happy not to be stressed out. I won't see her again until Christmas so I will take every chance that I can get. 

We had only one plan for that visit: Lunch at Cheesecake Factory. I had gotten a gift card for my birthday. We sat outside and it was lovely. I had been eyeing up a salad and it didn't disappoint. I stepped out of my comfort zone and got the Beet and Avocado salad.  It was so delicious. In fact, I bought beets yesterday to put in my salads at home. I'm not going to lie, I tucked that napkin in my neckline. I was terrified that I would get beet juice on my shirt. I did not. Hooray!


The next day we went to Mezeh and Mom loved it too. 


I had a wonderful and relaxing visit. I still didn't get to read. I still got a headache. We even got to watch our favorite movie: French Kiss. Sadly it is not available for streaming, but if you get a chance to watch it take it. Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. There's a scene in it when Meg Ryan's character had a reaction to all of the cheese and I'm telling you I feel it. I completely understand how she felt. You may remember that I named my Succulent after Kevin Kline's character Luc. I have since repotted him, but the name has stuck. I took Luc with me again for the trip. He enjoyed his window time, but he's mad a me for all of the traveling. He has lost a couple of leaves in the travels.


The first week of school was a success. I also had a new client schedule. I have a new morning client twice a week before preschool. I also started back with a client who had an accident at the beginning of August. She broke her elbow, some ribs, and her femur. I will be working with her on the days that her Physical Therapist doesn't come to the house. I'm proud to say that her Physical Therapist and her Occupational Therapist were very impressed with her core and overall strength. She is 76 and we have been working together for a while. She said I am to thank and I will take that compliment. It's why I do what I do. 

Okay, I need to get ready for bed. Perhaps I'll watch a Ted Lasso episode. I need to get working on Season 2 for you. That's fun work lol. 

I appreciate you.


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on 
Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973
Threads: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts