Studying, packing, and Coaster Prep

Hello Beautiful People,

Well, it's been a busy and productive week. And it's only Tuesday. Tonight I finished my second quiz since Preschool ended. I only have 5 more to go and 4 weeks to do it. I am confident, but I leave on Thursday for the beginning of my vacation so I don't know when I will finish. I'm going to try and get one more done before we leave for Cedar Point. The quiz I took tonight I barely passed. I got a 100% on the one before. Clearly, I was rushing through this lesson and it shows. The sucky part is that it was just updated information from what I learned in previous courses. It's just another reason why it's important to continue your education. Things change. 

I will be studying tomorrow, but I need to go somewhere to study for a little while. First of all, Starbucks has half off cold drinks after noon the first two Wednesdays in August. Second of all, I get the munchies when I'm sitting around all day. It's a problem. It's one of the reasons why I can't imagine ever going back to a desk job. I have been pretty good about it and have resisted the urge, but it's still hard to sit through. 



Since I'm leaving soon I have been trying to eat all of my fresh food and trying not to go to the grocery store. I've been out of bananas for a few days and now I'm out of milk. I can do it though. I have been working out with weights in the mornings, but I haven't been moving much otherwise so I'm not burning a lot of calories. It sucks. If I had managed my time properly, I would be spending these days relaxing and working out. I can't be too hard on myself though. It was a very tough year and I did the best that I could.

Okay, so let's talk Roller Coasters. Even though I haven't left home yet, I've been preparing for the trip in several ways. First of all, I'm watching Point of View videos of roller coasters throughout the day. Second of all, I have been testing out hairstyles. It may seem silly, but I have worn a hat almost daily for the last few months. You can't wear hats on the Coasters. My hair is shorter than the last time I went to a Park. I've been trying to see how to wear it off of my neck and pull back my bangs. I have a couple options to work with. See, I told you I have been productive. I've also left a couple of Facebook Groups about the park. I have greatly reduced my social media time because of all of the negativity out there. I really enjoyed the posts of people excited about their trips, but there were just as many negative comments from people who had a bad day or people who just needed you to know their opinion regardless if it might hurt your feelings. I had to leave a bunch of Ted Lasso groups for the same reason. I just don't get people. I have enough of my own $*&t to deal with without worrying about what strangers are thinking is wrong about television shows and roller coasters. Rant over. Let's move on. 

I've been doing a lot of thinking about my love of roller coasters lately. I miss them. I didn't always love them though. And then I went on a trip with my dad in my 20's. We went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. We spent the day standing in line to ride the Big Bad Wolf over and over again.  I just looked it up and it has since been taken down. Oh, that makes me so sad. Not only did my Dad get me to ride it many times, we waited for the first row. It was amazing. I have been in love with roller coasters since. As the trip gets closer it should surprise no one that my Dad makes an appearance in my dreams every night right now. Sometimes I really welcome these dreams, but they aren't always happy dreams. So my morning mood really depends on my dream the night before. 

My dad also took my cousins to Busch Gardens and so it's fun that my cousin Corey will be joining me for the whole trip. Ms. Kristin and her family will join us midway. I need to ride some coasters. I need to SCREAM. There's a lot of stress and frustration built up. 

Young Jennie still can't believe how much I like roller coasters. I'm not scared. And I never felt my size in them. Ironically my weight has been a roller coaster over the years, but no matter what I always felt small and light. 

*****

Update: I started this post last night. So I leave for Mom's tomorrow. Not studying today. I need to finish packing. I'll be gone for almost two weeks. So I'm also cleaning as I go. Don't worry. I still ran to Starbucks for my half-off drink and came back to pack. 



Not feeling my size on a coaster 


I appreciate you.


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on 
Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973
Threads: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts