Give yourself a break. We all stumble.

Hello Beautiful People, 

First, let me say that I have been called out for not posting as often as I promised. LOL. I know. I don't want to get in the habit of making excuses about this. I will just say this: I thought my brain was going to melt during the last couple of weeks of preschool. I did go away for Memorial Day weekend and I can't wait to tell you about that. Then I had to get my classroom ready for summer and finished our first week with our new class. It's been a challenge, but they are adorable. 

Next, so what am I going to talk about today? Is it Billy Joel? Is it Ted Lasso? Is it Memorial Day Weekend? Nope. It's about giving yourself a pass when things get crazy. 

Since February I had really been doing well with working out consistently and eating right. I was really happy with myself. And then the pollen happened. DAMN IT!  I started taking my allergy medicine daily and it still wasn't enough. For about a month my voice was strained and my lung capacity was shot. I took several tests and it was not covid. I was miserable. It was not ideal for cardio. I could do weights and I did, but my heart wasn't in it. I felt like crap. And then it was Teacher Appreciation Week. I appreciate all gifts and goodies. However, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Please refrain from giving teachers candy and baked goods. Trust me, we get too much of it. Fruit is good. Gift cards for coffee are nice. Oh I love when I get plants.  I worried about my sugar levels that week. And then my birthday was the following week. I ate a lot of sweet things. I also went to some wineries for a day and bought cheese and crackers that I proceeded to eat for the following week. I really need to cut back on my cheese. I think that's what I will be giving up for Lent next year. Or maybe I'll try it in July.

When the sugar started to die down, the stress level started to kick up. I loved each and every one of my kids this year, but I was super excited for the end of the school year to come. During the last few weeks of school, it was like every kid forgot that they had ever been in our classroom before. I was pulling my hair out and was exhausted every day. I also had clients to meet with. I think you're starting to get the idea.

Anyway, I'm happy to report that this week I sweated my ass off and made it to the gym after preschool for 4 days. I slept really well all week. And my butt is nice and tight. I'm not sure if I told you that I have been watching Ted Lasso while I'm on the treadmill. I've told you that it is my favorite show and I can't wait to discuss it with you. I've watched every episode countless times. And each time I watch I find something new. Even though I have seen them many times, it's still a great incentive to get me to the treadmill. If I have the time then I stay on longer, speed it up, and crank up my running playlist. And then I reward myself with a hydro massage. So it was a good week. 

This week I do not have my early morning client and I'm traveling again Friday afternoon. My goal is to make it to the gym 3 times. I prepped my food for the week this weekend. I also need to make sure I do get some rest. My foot is still a problem. 

The theme for this week at preschool is Exercise/Yoga. I'm so excited. I've been prepping for it for a couple of weeks. I'll be leading the lessons for all three classes. Tomorrow we are going to be doing Dinosaur and Unicorn exercises. Lord give me the strength to have the energy to keep up with these munchkins. LOL. 

Okay, I'm starting to feel like this is a revival of my former Random Wednesday posts. This wasn't a planned-out post. I just needed to keep you up to speed on my life. 

What I really want to stress today is that life happens. We are all human. We are not perfect. If you stumble and you don't stick to your fitness/food plan, well you are not alone. It happens. What's important is if you find your way back. I'm always proud of myself and you should be proud of yourself. I've said it before and I'll say it again: It takes 3 weeks to make something a habit and it takes 2 days to drop it. If you can only get 1 day in, then get that 1 day in. But, don't beat yourself up if you stumble. Sometimes that can only delay getting back up. It's so easy to say tomorrow. Be proud of yourself when it's your today.  

I can't tell if that was really profound or if I'm just tired. So I will take this as my moment to sign off. Before I do though, let me just remind you to drink your water. It's effing hot people. I forgot to mention that on Monday when I went to the gym there was no water in the women's room. WHAT???? I mean you couldn't use the toilets, shower, or sink. I was trying not to drink water because I couldn't pee (and I always have to pee). I drank so much water when I got home that I was peeing all night long. It was glorious. 

And on that note, I need to go pee. 

Have a Blessed Evening,


Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts