Are you there readers? It's me, Jennie.


Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

OMG I can't believe that I haven't blogged since the NKOTB concert. A lot of time has passed since then.  And a lot has happened since then. I spent the majority of August studying and taking quizzes for my recertification. I PASSED!  Hooray! I also took a bunch of really good courses that I couldn't wait to tell you all about them. And then pre-school started up again and those little buggers take a lot out of me. I love them, but they are tiring.

My workouts have been up and down. I had this great idea around my birthday that I was going to go to the gym X amount of days before the Cruise (which is in 51 days). I did great for the first month. and then I had great weeks and bad weeks. I get frustrated with myself. I don't want to make excuses, but I also know that life happens. As long as I don't fall off completely then I'm keeping it positive.  I also had planned on training for a Half Marathon. I hadn't registered yet, but I still planned on training. I would make the judgement call in September. If I had been steady with my training and saw improvement then I would register. I'm not registering for the race in November, but I haven't given up hope. I'm looking at races in the spring to train for. I have faith that one day my schedule will lighten up.

At the end of August I was at the grocery store and freaked out. I had to walk past a giant display of Halloween candy to get to the produce section. It's not cool when you are a healthy eater and can avoid the "evil" aisles, but get assaulted on your way to the healthy section.  So I started thinking. I always feel ashamed of my chocolate addiction. And I am always proud of how good I am at giving it up every year for Lent. So how can I be so successful then and not at any other time? I made a decision that day. I was giving up chocolate until at least Halloween. That was 61 days. I would need an incentive. If I can keep from eating chocolate until after Halloween I will treat myself to a Gel manicure for the cruise. I will go out and buy myself a gift certificate on November 1 if I am successful. I give myself manicures every week and hardly ever go get a professional one so I feel good about this. I've been so good with this that I may extend the deadline to the cruise itself and give myself a spa pedicure as a reward for that. I think I can do it. It's been incredibly easy after the first week.

So as I said the cruise is 51 days away. I've been keeping a steady countdown for a while.   When we were 12 weeks out I made a list of everything that I needed to buy/pack. My goal was to knock off a little bit each week because it's only going to get crazier as we get closer. I should probably mention right now that we are leaving for Florida on Thanksgiving day. Not a crazy idea right?  I also signed up to work a retreat weekend at the beginning of November so I'll be away for 4 days. I need that for my mental well being. I have really been trying to hard to find balance in my life. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm far from where I was.

Let's get to the good stuff. I'm crazy excited about our excursion in Jamaica. I really wanted to go on the Bob Marley experience on the cruise we were originally booked on. Sadly it isn't offered for our cruise. But, there is a Rum Tasting and tour of Reggae Hill . So we are doing that. YAY.  We have to buy our lunch that day and I've been struggling with this. What the heck am I going to eat? Do I cave and have the jerk chicken? I mean that's Jamaica. I will probably bring a protein bar and wing it.

Well I overslept this morning so I should probably close up and go to bed, but before I do, I will let you in on another big moment in my life that happened since last we met: I CUT MY HAIR!


I miss you and promise to blog every week again :-)

***Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts