Holiday Prep: I will not gain weight over the Holidays


Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I have a confession to make. I fell off of the No Sugar Wagon. Gah. Election day was so stressful. I tried to let it be a one time deal, but it wasn't.  I keep trying to say no, and so far today I have.  So we are back to day 1.  I'm really trying hard to get this under control since the holidays are just around the corner. Hooray! Shh...but, I have been cleaning and organizing in preparation for getting my Christmas decorations out next weekend. YAY.

Okay so let me tell you about my day on Thursday. I spoke at a Girl Scout meeting at 6:30 so my afternoon was spent running around doing errands. Part of the plan was to go to Trader Joe's and get that legume and spinach salad that I love so much. In fact, I love it so much that I planned on buying two: one for dinner and another for lunch. I could put it in the refrigerator at Pre-School and not worry about packing lunch when I got home.

My errands for the day included an oil change, going to the bank, dropping off a much needed clothing donation (as it's been ready to go since August), and going to the gym.  My cuticles were in horrific shape and I couldn't remember the last time I went somewhere for a mani/pedi. As the day went on that started to feel like a really good idea. I needed a pamper me moment. And so that's what I chose. It was heaven.

So my little secret is that my foot has been starting to bother me again during the last month. It doesn't always hurt, but it's been hurting a lot more than it had. I was a little nervous about hitting the gym for it. The massage during the pedicure was very welcome indeed.

As I was finishing under the nail dryer it started to rain. So when I was dry I ran through the parking lot in my flip flops to Trader Joes. Blasted! They were all out of the salad. So now it's raining and I have 1 hour to get dinner and lunch for the next day. My next stop would be the Harris Teeter for the Grilled Veggie Sub (hoagie). Oh I love this sandwich. I like to get it as a foot long and split it between two meals. Again I went running through that parking lot in my flip flops in the rain. Foiled Again! Seriously?  They were all out of Grilled Vegetables. Apparently the Vegetarian Gods were not smiling down on me.  I resigned myself to getting a slice of pizza, but again no one was manning that station at the moment. Grrr. Taking a cue from that I headed to the frozen food section. By now I was starving and not thinking clearly. I picked up a microwavable personal pizza for dinner and a Lentil/chick pea Mediterranean bowl for lunch.  I'm glad that I got that because I didn't get home until 8:30 and I was wiped out.

The next day I wasn't really excited about the bowl though. It had a lemon sauce on it and I'm not crazy about lemon sauces.  I did eat it though and it was filling.  I've always stressed that planning ahead is the key to healthy living, well it's essential to healthy vegetarian eating. Not every place has a healthy vegetarian option. Oh sure, most places have a vegetarian option, but they tend to lack vegetables. Go figure.

I did make it to the gym Friday afternoon. My foot was feeling better so I went. I didn't want to push it though. I would start with 30 minutes and see how it felt. It felt decent so I went pushed it to 45 minutes. Then I rewarded myself with a hydro massage. It felt good except that my back was really sore. It was definitely needed. 

I stopped at the grocery store on my way home. I needed some vegetables and I found some fun frozen mixes. I even found a mashed cauliflower. Now I've tried many and not liked them, but I was determined to try again. I added a little cheddar cheese to give it some flavor.  I paired it with some steamed brussel sprouts and a veggie bubba burger. It was yummy.



I had planned on going to the gym after my clients on Saturday morning for an hour on the treadmill and another massage. Then at 5am my clients cancelled because they were sick. I ended up not being able to fall back asleep even though I was super exhausted. Eventually I got up, got in my workout clothes, and limped into the kitchen to make breakfast. That's right, I limped. My foot was super sore. No gym for me. Instead I did some weights and core work at the house. It's good though. I also did a lot of stretching afterwards, but oh how I wish I went for that massage. Tomorrow I shall make up for it.

Throughout the day I got some stuff ready for the Holidays and that of course included watching some Hallmark Christmas Movies. One of the movies we watched included a Christmas Cookie Crawl. For two hours they talked cookies and baked cookies. I don't know how I survived. I had a few pieces of chocolate, but OMG all I wanted was to dive in to a vat of cookies. The power of suggestion is awful.  That's exactly why I'm trying to curb the treat/sugar thing before the holidays. I will NOT gain weight this Holiday season by golly!  Who will join me in this endeaver?

Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts