Trying to beat my Sugar Addiction

Hello Beautiful People,

Well today marks 18 Weeks as a Vegetarian. Am I surprised by this? No. I'm more surprised that I have gone 6 days without a piece of chocolate, cookie, brownie, cupcake, etc.  I know that I've done it before, but it's only ever lasted the 40 days of Lent and then I dive back in head first.

I know I have a problem. It's more than just a sweet tooth. It's a sugar addiction with a side of stress sweets eating. It's not pretty.

It's not an accident that many of the fad diets out there have you detox on sugar. You need to get it out of your system. Once you have it out then you don't crave it as much. And crave it I do.  I can't ever just eat one of whatever it is.

I've been going to Griefshare since September and it's been a blessing. It's also been a little difficult as every session ends with a sweet treat. This past week it was Snickerdoodles. I still think about it as the cookie that got away...sigh.

Last Tuesday we had a birthday at Preschool. We have some boys with dietary restrictions so the parents brought some vegan healthy bites. They looked delicious. And that's what I had instead of a cupcake. Yum.



I enjoyed it. However, the mom of one of the little boys brought in a package of the Birthday Oreos. And well you know how I feel about Oreos. I couldn't resist and I tried one. It was yummy, but something happened. I had a physical reaction craving. My mouth literally salivated after I ate it. It was the sugar. I haven't had a treat since. It was a physical reaction to chicken that made me stop eating meat and it was a physical reaction that may help me cut off the sugar.

Now I haven't given up sugar completely. I still allow it in my coffee. And I may have gone a little overboard on the fruit. I need to go easy on that. But, I'll take the fruit over chocolate right now. It is Halloween season and I don't want anyone to get hurt in the process.  Wish me luck!

*****

Alright kids I have lots of Vegetarian recipes and cookbooks. But, I've gotten into a routine. So I'm trying to branch out. My plan is one new recipe a week.

I went home to visit Mom last month and while I was there Aunt Carol had a recipe to make for me. She made Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with Lentils. OMG. It was the most amazing meal. 


I even got to bring the rest of Lentils home. Now I just had to figure out how to cook them right and what to make with them.

Well last week I was at Trader Joe's and I picked up a salad for the next day. It looked good. It was a Legume and Spinach Salad Palette. It was ridiculously delicious and so filling. Tonight I recreated it.


I made some lentils and added it to mixed greens, garbonzo beans, pecans, apples, feta cheese, and red wine vinaigrette. I'm so excited. Dinner was fantastic and now I can't wait until lunch tomorrow. YAY.





Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts