Sunday Thoughts: Bathing Suits, Coasters, and Cruises

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

I'm feeling good and I'm encouraged by the progress that I have been making. It's all positive. We are just 5 months away from Jamaica and I can taste it. Although if truth be told, I'm happy to have that 5 months. I've been home from DC for 3 weeks and I've lost 5lbs . I wouldn't mind losing more.

I'm seeing muscles that I haven't seen in a while. My lung capacity is improving. My clothes fit better. But, I'm not where I want to be yet. I have been getting some pool invites and they have been terrifying. I have no desire to get my bathing suit out. I haven't worn it since last summer. I didn't feel super comfortable in it then so I would like a little more time before I attempt that again.

I have a meeting in Wilmington, NC next month. It's most of the day on Saturday so I would like to leave early on Friday morning and drive straight to the beach. That gives me 4 weeks to feel a little better about a public bathing suit outing.

Getting away has been a challenge, but for the second year in a row I got a season pass to Carowinds for my birthday. I try to go at least once a month. I'm a Roller Coaster junkie. I love the adrenaline. I love the speed. I love the excuse to scream at the top of my lungs. It's also a little nod to Dad's memory. He is responsible for my love of roller coasters.

The only problem I have with Roller Coasters is the seating. When the harness is over the shoulders my boobs provide extra cushioning I suppose. When the harness comes up from the ground and presses in on your hips, well that's just embarrassing when they come by and push down on it.

I love going to Carowinds for the thrill rides, but it's also a guaranteed day of steps. It's good all around. I take protein bars with me and drink water all day. The last time I went I was super excited that I had to pee so much. It was hot, but I was staying hydrated. While I was there I made note of my vegetarian options. I found cheese pizza, cheese quesadillas, and veggie burgers. I may try the veggie burger next time. I'm not very optimistic though. It's at the same location where I got the turkey burger last year that I was so excited about and then it was super salty.  But, I'm willing to give it a try.

For some of the rides they have cameras that capture your reaction. I know where they are located and pose every chance I get. And yet I hate just about every picture taken. Why? Well they seem to be taken as all of the fat travels upward. To be honest, I walk by and cringe at the thought of checking out the pictures. I’m afraid of what I will see.

There's really only one that I like. Lol. Shout out to Ms. Tracy for being a Roller Coaster Rockstar with me.


I had plans to go to Carowinds after work on Thursday, but the girls that I was going with opted for sleep instead. Boo!  I'm currently trying to recruit them for a do-over for this Thursday. Cross your fingers.

Okay, so back to the cruise. I've been feeling nostalgic and looking through pictures from my last cruise in 2014.  It was a wonderful week. I ate amazing healthy food. I got up for sunrise every day and did laps on the track. I came home lighter than when I left.  It was glorious.

I've been looking at the excursions for our ports and I'm excited. I would like to do something that's active. I don't want to just lay around, although I'm so exhausted right now that it's not such a bad idea.

I'm trying to channel that time now. I'm doing pretty well. That 5lbs is nothing to sneeze at. My goal right now is another 5 before my trip to Wilmington next month. That's a pound a week. That is a realistic and attainable goal. It's also at a rate that makes it easier to maintain.

I'll keep you posted.


Have a Blessed Evening,

Jennie
xoxo


****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile


Instagram: Jennie5973

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/jhendersonfit

Snapchat: jhendersonfit

Comments

Popular Posts