Random Wednesday: Birthday Cake, Dehydration, and Tony Stewart

Hello Lovelies and Gents,

I can't believe it's been a week since the last Random Wednesday, but here we are.

I forgot to mention something in my last post. As we were walking around Carowinds I was looking at all of the games. I didn't see anyone manning these booths, but I saw quite a few "Guess Your Weight" booths. Ugh, I shuddered in horror. What's worse: Guessing it right or Guessing it wrong? 

I looked and looked, but I couldn't find a Guess Your Age booth....man I would clean up on that!  No one EVER guesses my age.

*****

The other night I was listening to an interview with Gabourey Sidibe on NPR as I was driving home. She is promoting her book: "This is just my Face: Try not to stare". I was drawn in completely and quickly put her book on my Amazon wishlist.

She is currently starring in Empire. She discussed how much backlash she got for a make-out scene. It's horrifying to think that people have such an issue with a big girl in a consensual love scene, but not with a girl being raped by her father.

Check out her book. I can't wait to read it.

https://www.amazon.com/This-Just-My-Face-Stare-ebook/dp/B01I4FPMV4/ref=sr_1_1_twi_kin_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494463098&sr=8-1&keywords=gabrielle+sidibe

*****

Yesterday was my birthday and I was spoiled. My fellow preschool teachers put together a breakfast spread: bagels, egg casserole, greek yogurt with granola, fresh fruit, juice, potatoes (although sadly I didn't see them and they were all gone when I got word), and the most amazing Lemon Blueberry cake that would make you weep.   It didn't end there. I was running late and didn't get to go to Starbucks for my free birthday drink, but it was ok....one magically appeared for me. I love them. They went with a Venti and I quote "We know you like to make everything skinny and non-fat, but we went the opposite. It's your birthday!"  Not arguing there.



The big problem I had yesterday was that I most definitely did not have enough water. I was dehydrated this morning. It was awful. So that was my goal today. I was allowed no coffee until I drank 2 bottles of water.

I was sent home with the leftover cake. I put half in the freezer and half in the fridge. And I have practically chained myself to my bed so that I won't go eat it all...and oh how I want to

*****

I gave myself a step challenge for May. I wanted to hit my 10K goal every day. I was doing really well, but I did not get it on Monday and Tuesday. I'm back today though. Yay.

*****

So I mentioned that I moved. I no longer live a mile from Tony Stewart's garage. I know he retired, but I still have hopes.

Hey Tony Stewart, Call Me!


Have a Blessed Evening
****Please note****


 If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.
facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile
Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts